This is interesting .....

Thread: This is interesting .....

BrucesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultThis is interesting .....

Some of you may remember that Bruce has a "Hate" for one of our neighbors. I mean he goes nuts barking when he walks past the fence. The fence that divides our yard is falling down so we decided to rip it down and put up a new one. So at the moment there is no fence between our yards. I was out there last night planting the last of my bedding plants. Bruce was tied to the apple tree. Neighbor came out to help hubby with the fence. Bruce barked once when he saw him. I told him 'quiet" and he went and layed down. For the rest of the evening he just watched them work. Quiet happy and relaxed

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This is interesting .....

I thought you were going to say he wanted to lunge at the neighbor...who knows!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

When someone walks by on the road or is coming down the driveway, Ranger barks and hops on the deck fence like a mad dog, he does not look friendly and he's made people jump back in their car. But if that person continued to walk up to the fence, Ranger would be licking their hand, and if they come inside onto the deck he has no problem. I wonder if it's the same thing. Bruce "hates" this neighbor when he is on the other side of "Bruce's" fence, but now that the fence is down, it's a different story. Bruce has no fence to defend.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BrucesMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrucesMom
    Some of you may remember that Bruce has a "Hate" for one of our neighbors. I mean he goes nuts barking when he walks past the fence. The fence that divides our yard is falling down so we decided to rip it down and put up a new one. So at the moment there is no fence between our yards. I was out there last night planting the last of my bedding plants. Bruce was tied to the apple tree. Neighbor came out to help hubby with the fence. Bruce barked once when he saw him. I told him 'quiet" and he went and layed down. For the rest of the evening he just watched them work. Quiet happy and relaxed
    That makes total sense. Neighbor is a really nice guy. If we see him when we are out of the yard Bruce is totaly OK with him.