The Snip Snip worked!!!!

Thread: The Snip Snip worked!!!!

DefaultThe Snip Snip worked!!!!

Well...

As many of you know, my boys have not been getting a long for the last 5 or 6 weeks. They couldn't even be in the same room without leashes on. And they could not even look at each other without growling and lunging...

So...I had them neutered on the 30th of May... The tension hadn't started going away until about 2 or 3 days ago. (I was fully expecting to wait until 30 days before trying to get them together again... but...)

I had a revelation yesterday. Both of the boys absolutely LOVE running around the property with the 4 Wheeler. I have been working with them individually on mind games to reestablish my position this week. The vet said that I could start really exercising them again yesterday, so, I took both of the boys outside with their muzzles on. There was a little bit of growling and tension, but not enough that I couldn't snuff immediately. I had Steven keep them separate while I got on the 4 Wheeler. I started it up, and started moving. He let them off their leashes (muzzles still on) and we went for a run. I tell you, they were 2 different dogs that they were before. They were working as a team again!!

After a few rounds, I came back and told Steven that I think they are ready to try without muzzles. He took their muzzles off at the same time, and I took off again. THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO FIGHT!!!! I was amazed! They still worked together as a team to try and chase me down. They laid down together to catch their breath. Bo stepped aside from the water bowl so that Luke could drink. AMAZING!

They were in the house playing together again last night for the first time in weeks. I am beaming today. I am so proud. I will be doing this routine for a couple of days. They are still crated separately and will be going outside during the day separately. (I don't totally trust them yet.)

I just wanted to brag a little this morning. Only dog people really understand my joy here. ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Snip Snip worked!!!!

That's great news !!!!!!

Dani is offline Senior Member

very promising! congrats!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

I remember the relief when Jasper stopped attacking Samson !

I feel your relief tangibly

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

YIPPEE!!!!!! That's great news!!! ;D I'm surprised it happened so fast.

We haven't seen one iota of difference in Frankie's behavior, but that's what I was hoping for. Well, except that I haven't needed to use the prong collar for walking him since his neuter. He's walking great on a regular collar now. I couldn't be happier.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

That's great news! I hope they continue to get along and work as a team together! (except for countersurfing...that would be bad....LOL!)
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

BudGirl8 Guest

Congrats! that is wonderful news