I have a strange question...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a strange question...

DefaultI have a strange question...

How do I teach my dogs to go poop in our yard. We recently fenced in our backyard (24ft x 80ft). When the weather is really bad, like if we are having a typhoon and cannot walk the dogs, I want them to be able to poop in the yard. They will pee out there only. Neither of the dogs had a yard before and are used to getting walked to do their pooping. Is there some way to train this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I have a strange question...

I guess you could leash them and walk them IN the yard, maybe they would get the idea ? But I would think if left out there, they would surely just do it ! :

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

We trained Dale to go in a designated area. We did this by leashing him and walking him there, telling him to go poop or pee, and hurry up - thats our command and he knows he better get a move on. It will take a long time to get it, but they do. Now if he's out playing he'll run down to his area and go all by himself. What a great accomplishment that is -- well worth the work and time it takes. Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

My dogs usually poop when I tell them to "go poopie". I also pretty much know what time they poop, so that helps.

fburke is offline Senior Member

I bought the house next door to my EX (long story) ....my Keshound always had a habit of pooping in her yard....not sure if it was because i lived there at one time or not there was abolut a year inbetween....I always got a laugh at it ;D

Skubaa Guest

Could you deposit some of their poop in a part of the yard? Just a thought that popped into my mind while reading. I have to keep Phoebe's poop picked up or she'll clean it up for me. YUCK!!

DG

I have Keegan trained to poo and pee on command. I usually say "go pee pees" or "go poopies" and she'll generally go.

You could walk them out in the back yard, or jog back there in circles. Excercise makes them have to go (so I learned when Keegan was a puppy). Or place your dogs poo or another dogs poo back there. Your dog will mark over the other dogs, OR will find their own poo and go.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

LOL Good Luck. My boy will not poop in our yard, no matter where, no matter how big, no matter what. We've moved 3 times with him, and usually the first and second day he can be fooled into using the yard, after that, he realizes he lives there and no more pooping in the yard. Yes, I walk him 2x a day, rain, sleet, sun, snow, blizzard, no matter what. We might not go FAR, and we might not go on time according to when he'd like to go, but we always go.

I must say the funniest stories are always about poop! Can you just imagine what people must think when they hear us say "Go poopie" "Go pee-pee"

My husband is a good size man and I crack up when I hear him say to Maggie each morning "Go Potty" or "Go Pee" OMG, I'm laughing right now thinking about it. And then he says "Good Girl", or "Thats my girl"

Here's a picture of my husband

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

I call it poopie sniff. I say, "Sally, do your poopie sniff." Now THAT must really sound strange. I try to say it quietly so the neighbors will not call the looney bin people on me! ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast