Cinnamon is sick ( Updated at top)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon is sick ( Updated at top)

DefaultCinnamon is sick ( Updated at top)

UPDATE: She is much better today but still not back to herself. She wanted to go to bed last night at 6pm so we went. She slept until midnight when she wanted to go out and pooped so I felt better.

I fed her chicken and rice about an hour ago and she kept it down but she ate only 1/2 of what I gave her. She is currently sleeping on the couch. At least my parents are here with her while I work.
    She just vomitted twice in the yard. Mom gave her some chicken jerky when she came home from shopping and she didn't touch it. She went out when I came home and puked a lot of yellowish liquid. She is drinking a lot. I don't know if she pooped today. I think we will skip dinner. I just took chicken out and will boil some chicken and rice for tomorrows meals.

Any one have any other suggestions. She just got up drank again and is sitting by the door growling at the other dogs barking around us.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Cinnamon is sick

It's good that she's drinking. With vomitting, you have to make sure she does not get dehydrated, so keep letting her drink. Can you call an emergency vet and see what they suggest? Our emergency vet does not charge for over-the-phone advice, only if we need to come in. I hope she feels better soon.

Did she eat this morning? Maybe too much time between meals?

Emma used to do that in the mornings, so we gave her a large biscuit at bed time to hold her over. It was also yellow liquid... bile.
    The biscuit at night worked fine. Weird though that she would turn down the jerky.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh no, poor Cinnamon!! Crossing fingers and paws and sending good thoughts that she's feeling better soon.

Sounds like she's vomitting up a bit of bile... I think as long as she's drinking fine and otherwise acting okay (not lethargic or anything), it's okay to fast her for 24 hours and then small meals of chicken and rice.

If the vomitting lasts more than 24 hours though, I'd take her in to the vet. Hope she's 100% soon!!

I am lucky there is a vet practice 2 miles from here that sees patients from 7am to 10pm and they are a good group that I trust. They also see patients 365 days a year with decreased hours on weekends and holidays.

I just called them and they told me that if she vomits again to just bring her in and they will work her in.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Awwwww... poor Cinnamon !! I hope she's ok !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Poor Cinnamon. I hope she's feeling better.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Poor Cinnamon! Keep us updated okay?

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Aw Cinnamon...get better and hope you are back to 100% tomorrow!

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

Hope she does not have to make a trip to the vet.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast