Nala and her fight with the geese

Thread: Nala and her fight with the geese

DefaultNala and her fight with the geese

Last night we took Nala on a nice walk where half of it she gets to be off leash and part of her off leash is near a small lake. She loves this walk and gets really excited when the leash comes off of course. Well when we got to the lake I noticed a beautiful white swan swimming around right where nala likes to get a little drink from, of course nala was in her own little world and didn't even notice the swan. As we were standing there letting Nala run around some ducks and geese started swimming over to our side of the lake. Finally Nala spotted them and started to bark as they swam closer saying "don't even think about coming over here". Ever other time that she has encountered a goose or duck they ran (flew) so she figured now would be no different. She likes when things run from her. Well little did Miss Fearsome know these animals were used to being feed by people so they had no problem coming right up to us to beg for food. Once Nala realized that they didn't seem fazed by her ferocious barking or what she thinks is her huge stature she quickly ran and hid behind me still barking mind you but this time from the safety of daddy's legs just in case things got hairy. Needless to say the whole time this was happening we couldn't stop laughing. The ducks and geese finally swam away and Nala assumed her barking position along the shore again as if to say "and stay away, thats what I thought." The look she gave up at me was priceless,s "like I sure showed them." It is amazing how tough they can be with things they think won't be tough back isn't it. No pics this time but next time we go down we are going to bring bread and the camera.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Nala and her fight with the geese

That's so cute!

Very cute!

I can just see her! My Eddie does this all the time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Awwwww. That's a cute story. Sounds like something Sundance would do. We call him Braveheart.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06