"sucky" ball??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "sucky" ball??

steveandginger is offline Senior Member

Default"sucky" ball??

Folks --

I have heard of a few people on this board who say that "sucky" balls are a favorite toy of their labs. First of all, doing an internet search, I cannot find this type of ball. Can anyone tell me where to find it? Also, is this particular ball fairly indestructible?

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: "sucky" ball??

A "sucky ball" can indeed be destroyed..

However my lab usually just likes to suck on it, hold it in his mouth..

It was actually my Cavalier who destroyed it..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

twitch --

Thanks for the link.

However...given debjen's picture, (which doesn't look too much different from what happens to any other stuffed toy I give to Misty), I might have to reconsider. I'm not sure I want to spend $8 on something that might last for 15 minutes...

I don't think Misty knows the meaning of just "holding it in her mouth." She seems to believe that the only purpose for putting something in her mouth, is to become obsessed with seeing how short of a time it can last before being destroyed... :

She kept grabbing a shoe out of the garage to chew on today, so I found a foot-long piece of 1"x2" board to give her instead. I thought it might last her an hour or so. She destroyed it in a matter of minutes. I was left with a small pile of finely-shredded mulch. Who needs a chipper-shredder, when you have a lab? :

Steve

Gabby is a toy destroyer (seriously, I buy stuffed animals at Goodwill for a quarter apiece, wash them, and let her shred them) but she will not and has never destroyed a sucky ball. It's very weird.

Oh- and careful with the wood. Removing splinters from dogs' mouths can be a bitch.

Keegan (my Cocker) loves stuffies. She had one from the time she was 4 months old until about a year and a half that she hadn't destroyed. I had washed it and rewashed it to the point of it disintagrating(sp). Any other toy she'll destroy.

I want to buy her a Cuz (good and bad) but I can't fine them

gabbys mom --

I never even thought about the splinters...she is so fixated on chewing sticks and wood that I never even saw it as unusual. In fact, the piece of wood I gave her was only sitting in the garage in the first place because it was a garden stake that I had taken from her awhile back. I guess I need to reconsider that...

As for the Goodwill toys, I just asked my wife today to start checking garage sales (she likes to go to them) for cheapo stuffed toys. I just thought that the sucky balls might be tougher, and hold up better.

We bought her a "sucky" type stuffed soccer ball, probably 6" in diameter, from Petsmart about 2 weeks ago. The first couple of days, we had fun with it -- she actually has learned how to catch a tossed ball. She also liked to walk around with it in her mouth, and would "suck" on it at times. After a couple of days, she started to goad me into tug-of-war with it. Eventually, she put a few holes in it, which I sewed. Then, one day, she totally de-stuffed it. My wife re-stuffed it and sewed that hole back up, but within an hour, she tore a new hole in it and destuffed it again. We gave up.

so-crafty -- what is a Cuz?

Steve

KLM

A cuz is a rubber squeaky toy. Here is a link for where I bought mine: http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fu...320&string=cuz I also noticed Petco had some last time I was there.

Even though Jake promptly chewed the feet off by the second day (also the squeaker never worked after the second day) this toy has been his toy of choice for about 3 weeks now. It's all he wants to play fetch with. He chews and chews on it too and other than the feet it shows no other sign of wear. I'll be buying some more of these!

Thanks KLM --

I'll check those out at Petco...

Steve

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Sally is a toy destroyer also. Here's her toy box when she was about 3 or 4 months old:

Here's her toy box now. And it's not empty because her toys are out of it. It's empty because all the toys are destroyed!

But the only type toys she does not destroy and plays with constantly are those soft rubber squeaky toys....not the harder plastic ones...but the really soft ones. I would have figured those would have been the first to go....that they would have at the very least gotten holes all in them from her fetching them so much. But not so. She has had 5 of them for months now and every one of them is in good shape...squeaking....no holes.

Go figure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast