Good buy little Luxy.. :(

Thread: Good buy little Luxy.. :(

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

DefaultGood buy little Luxy.. :(

I just got some sad news…my friend has a 5 month old golden retriver, they got her from the same breeder that I got my lab from. To make the very long story short, they have to give her up and they are giving her back to the breeder. She and her hubby talked about it and thought about it a lot and they’d never give her up to someone else because they fear she’d not be properly taken care of, and the breeder loves all her dogs and she said that she’ll take her back no questions asked and she has the time and $$ to give her the care she needs.

The gist of the story is that that little Luxy has an inverted vulva, basically from the day they got her (or few days later), she’s been having UTIs and vaganitis (sp) non stop. She cannot hold her pee, she pees every 5 minutes everywhere, if you keep her out of her crate, she pees everywhere, if she’s in her crate, she pees in the crate and the vet said because of the inverted vulva, she has to be wiped everytime she pees, and if she’s in her crate, she sits in the pee, then the bacteria get in and she gets more UTI’s etc. They both work (as most people do) and it is just not feasible for them to give her the care she needs. She cannot be house trained to pee outside, because she just can’t hold it due to the constant infections. On top of that, she’ll require surgeries (probably more than one) that will cost thousands of dollars.

My friend is heart broken, but what can you do… I told her that they are doing the right thing because with the breeder (who by the way is a wonderful woman), she’ll get the care she needs and the attention her condition requires. My friend feels that she failed as a dog owner… I feel bad for her but it is too bad that the vet that examined her as a baby didn’t catch the fact that she had an inverted vulva. It’s a birth defect, not something that my friend did wrong. I tried to make her feel better but I guess in a situation like that, she’ll just have to be upset for a while and miss her baby, that she loves so much. Some people might think it’s irresponsible to get a dog if you are not prepared to care for her or him 100% all the time, but I think this is an extreme situation. They are both good responsible people, and I know that they would not give up their dog out of laziness or anything like that. The fact is she needs care and attention 24 hours a day and with 2 people working, that is just impossible. Anyway, just wanted to share, I’m so upset for her.

Here is a pic of Saba with Luxy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Good buy little Luxy.. :(

I'm so upset I misspelled Good Bye.. oops.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Aw...poor little thing. At least the breeder is willing to take her back and take good care of her. That is so sad. I'm sure she has a great personality and all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I'm actually relieved reading this. I thought that the poor thing died. If they can't care for it, the best thing possible is to give it back to the breeder.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"