I am a member of Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida and transport dogs around my area...I got this email from our district coordinator....

anyone who lives in florida or even Georgia, Alabama......or knows someone who can help them you can PM me and get you in touch with the necessary party.....

Hi all- rescue has had a desperate situation come up. A mother and her pups need an emergency foster home. I don’t know why the current foster home can’t keep them but they have to be moved. If you know ANYONE in Florida who would foster them for about 4 weeks please let me know. They are not in the Sarasota/Manatee district so that is why if you know anyone in Florida we’d move them there….

This is the email I received from Cheryl on May 30th and they are still needing a foster home….

We have a dog in the Panhandle that has delivered 8 puppies who are now five weeks old. The person who has been taking care of the pups is no longer able to do so. We need someone who could take the mom and pups in for three weeks.

All of the dogs are being vetted and should be ready to go in a few days. Noel, the mom, is a fence jumper. Her caretaker said that she is very ball intensive and extremely smart. She may be a good candidate for law enforcement, but right now she needs to gain some weight and finish taking care of her puppies. One of the puppies is already spoken for. There are six blacks and two chocolates. They appear to be lab/golden mixes. I'm waiting for the vet to confirm that.

I know that everyone is already pushed to the max, but if there is a home out there who might consider taking this group, we'll work feverishly to get them posted and adopted by the time they are ready to leave mom.

I've heard from a number of folks this week about a variety of issues. I want you all to know that you aren't alone. There have been all manner of crises this week and everyone has done a great job of responding. I want to thank each of you for taking on the responsibilities of coordinating. They're enormous and when things go wrong, no one bears the brunt of it like you do. Hopefully things will be on the upswing next week