Just Labradors banner

Prayers please (up-date)

2K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  WeHeartLabs 
#1 ·
I want to thank everyone for the prayers. Jaxson was able to have his surgery and it went well. He did have a problem with throwing up, and the vet would not let him come home today. Hopefully tomorrow he will feel much better. I don't have any information as to what drugs they decided to use this time. Just glad that he didn't have a reaction like last time. Thanks again!

Remember my grand-dog Jaxson that coded during his neuter procedure a few weeks ago? Well, my daughter is taking him in today for the vet to try again. We are very nervous considering what happened last time.

G
#2 ·
Re: Prayers please

You got mine! My Phoebe almost didn't make it through being spayed. She wouldn't clot afterwards and almost bled out. She went in on Tuesday before Memorial Day and didn't come home until that next Friday. She only yesterday got her clean bill of health yesterday. A simple blood clot test prior would have given us the heads up and we could have protected her before hand. Since it isn't common in Labs, we didn't do the test. My vet may just start performing the test more often. Now that your vet knows what to look for during surgery, it won't come as such a surprise to them and they should be prepared.

Good Luck!!

DG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.