Oona found out why they call them snapping turtles.

Thread: Oona found out why they call them snapping turtles.

DefaultOona found out why they call them snapping turtles.

We were at the park this morning. It has been so hot and dry in upstate NY for the last 6 weeks, only about a half of an inch of rain. We got some last night and this morning. As we were going back to the car Oona saw a snapping turtle at the edge of the woods. I tried to call her off but curiosity got the best of her and she had to check her out. She sniffed the turtle and she snapped at Oona. My dog jumped straight up in the air two feet! Hopefully she will remember this and will steer clear. Thank God she didn't try and roll on it! :
    Olie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oona found out why they call them snapping turtles.

That must of been a sight! My girls haven't discovered snapping turtles yet. We live along a creek, so it's just a matter of time! ;D
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

DefaultRe: Oona found out why they call them snapping turtles.

Oona learned a lesson the easy way, just getting scared off. Down here we have a species called alligator snapping turtles and a large one could seriously injure an inquisitive dogs nose.
    I don't take the boys into the woods arounf here during the summer because there are three very common poisonus snakes lurking and I know both boys would go in nose first to investigate.