Ben and Champ's Rescue

Thread: Ben and Champ's Rescue

DefaultBen and Champ's Rescue

First I would like to say thank you to Sarah Hansen for not giving up on these guys and to everyone that was involved in Ben and Champ's transport from Midland MI to Orange County NY. Ben (for those of us old enough think of the TV show Gentle Ben, because he is the size of a small bear) was in charge of licking the sweat off the back of my head. :-* Ben is 90 lbs and underweight (you could see most of his ribs) due to a tapeworm. Once he settled down Ben took 98% of the back seat, (think of Marmaduke) of my Saturn. This left only 2% for Champ the chocolate Lab puppy. I was a little concerned transporting two intact males in such a small car, but they got along great. Ben would put Champ's whole head in his mouth and Champ just let him do it. They were great and of course you never have them long enough. Once I handed them off I called Sarah to tell her the exchange had been made. I could understand, (but not justified) why Ben had been given up but not Champ? Sarah said that he was an owner surrender because the wife was pregnant and was afraid of having a dog around a baby. I rolled my eyes and shook my head and said, "Good, better it happen now than two years from now when he would have all these behavioral problems from neglect. Someone is going to snatch this puppy up right quick." It may have happened sooner than I thought, when Champ's foster mother first saw him she started crying. I predict a foster failure here. ;D
    Olie

Here is a link to pictures of the boys.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/CL/Holligan/BENCHAMP

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ben and Champ's Rescue

Here's hoping for a foster failure. Thanks for your efforts. I can't get the pics to work.

I couldn't get it to work from this end either. I'll ask Carrie to post the pictures in the Rescue section.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

Olie....did I miss this? Where were they pulled from in Midland? That is like 20 minutes from me.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Thanks for being part of their rescue - glad to hear they are on there way to better homes (assuming the foster failure goes thru )
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Great job! I hope they both find forever homes fast.

Great rescue! Here's hoping for a future foster failure! (crying is a good sign)

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    Olie....did I miss this? Where were they pulled from in Midland? That is like 20 minutes from me.
    Dani, I'm sorry, they originated from the Gladwin County Animal Shelter in Gladwin not Midland. Sarah was able to get them to Conneaut OH a couple of weeks ago where they have been waiting for the last two weeks. Sarah has pulled several dogs from Gladwin in the last few months. It was posted in the Rescue section.
    Olie