Spot in Chance's eye - like a bubble

Thread: Spot in Chance's eye - like a bubble

DefaultSpot in Chance's eye - like a bubble

We went to the Vet on Saturday and Chance got his needles and flea stuff and we found out he needs to lose 12 lbs and get his "waistline" back. ALSO we asked about a funny spot that is Chance's right eye. It looks like a bubble and it moves around, but it's usually at the very bottom of his iris. It's circular with about 2 or 3 mm diameter and is slightly discoloured from the rest of his eye. It doesn't a ppear to be bothering him at all and he was a very good boy while the vet was examining it and shining a light in his eye. I tried to take a picture but it really doesn't show up well. The vet is going to research it since she wasn't sure about it. Has anyone here seen something like that before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Spot in Chance's eye - like a bubble

Bumping this for you...maybe someone with some experience sees it.

I know I would be taking the dog to a certified ACVO just to be safe.

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Bump

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

What color is the bubble? It moves from one part of the eye to another or moves when the dog moves its eye?

Laura

The vet has found out more info on this. I am slightly relieved. It is an Iris Cyst in the ventral anterior chamber. In Golden Retrievers this can often develop into Uveitis which is inflammation of the anterior chamber. That condition can be very painful and causes the eye to look cloudy and blue. They are not sure what causes the Iris Cysts. So now, we just have to watch Chance closely to see if his eye is bothering him, or if a blue haze develops in front of his iris. She said it is less likely to develop the uveutus since he is not a Golden Retriever. So maybe I'll have to do some more research on the "justgoldenretrievers" site if there is such a thing. :-\
    Labby - it is about the same colour as his iris, with slighty darker edges. Chance's head and eyes are always moving so yes, it moves when he moves. Sometime it doesn't move at all. But really appears to be floating.