A Humping Dog at the Beach (yes, a vent from me)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Humping Dog at the Beach (yes, a vent from me)

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultA Humping Dog at the Beach (yes, a vent from me)

We're all playing nicely, and then Jasper comes. For some reason, he goes straight to Zoe who is swimming nicely in the ocean and starts humping her! :

this is the 3rd week it's happened, and I'm not too happy about this. Jasper looks like a golden/irish setter mix, and perhaps 12 inches longer than Zoe. When he gets on her back, Zoe goes under water. >

the owner is very lah dee dah about this. Today I grabbed Jasper by his choke collar and just held him until the owner's friend took him out of the water. Zoe was already doing the "air bite." No sound, but she was definitely annoyed. Owner was nowhere in sight. I am mildly pi$$ed.

Okay, so they go to the other end of the beach....oh, maybe 1/4 mile away. And in 10 minutes who's back? JASPER! Who starts his hump action again. I again grabbed Jasper by his collar and held him; owner not in sight. : >

Lady's mom then starts to play w/Zoe because I had my hands full. About 10 minutes later, owner comes and takes Jasper away. No apology, no thank you for holding Jasper..nada, zip. All he said (to Jasper) "What were you thinking?" LOL Like he understands. ha

I was not confrontational, but maybe next time. My body language must have shown my emotion, however. I had dark glasses on. Next time I'm going to take them off and give him the good old "Linda mean eye squint."

Long story....but if you have males that hump stranger females at the beach or dog parks, it is not fun for the females' owner, or the female dog.

Vent done.
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: A Humping Dog at the Beach (yes, a vent from me)

I'm assuming that Jasper isn't neutered. Perhaps a word to his owner about the benefits of neutering might be helpful.

chocco_23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Top Of The Hill

I'm assuming that Jasper isn't neutered. Perhaps a word to his owner about the benefits of neutering might be helpful.
    Yes, a quiet word to the owner is in need I think, they need to get control over their dog! I'd be PO as well. Belle has been humped by a dog as well, even though Belle has been spayed it is still annoying for me watching, while Belle gets annoyed, but she handles her own and snaps at the dog in question lol.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Top Of The Hill

I have found that it has little to do with neutering (most humpers in our area are neutered) and everything to do with the owner. Perhaps a word with the owner about the benefits of watching his dog would be better.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Your so right! I hate it when this happens to Sammi- since she has never been a humper, and even if she was I would never allow her to do it to other dogs! When this happens I find the good old "stink eye" works wonders to make these "idgets" take control of there dogs!

hey, are you from Hawaii or have Hawaii ties? LOL

"stink eye"
    I thought only we here in Hawaii said that. LOL

I give a mean one if need be. ;D :P
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

So now I'm curious....why do they home in on just one dog? There were 3 other females out in the ocean, but Jasper just went for Zoe.

There's another dog, Guss, who will only go for Lady. He doesn't give Zoe the time of day. ??? ???
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Nope! No Hawaii ties for me, but have been using the "stink eye" for some time, ask my kids they hated getting the "the look" or the "stink eye" when they were growing up, they both say they would rather of received a spanking - When done properly it works wonders! LOL

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zoesmom
    Next time I'm going to take them off and give him the good old "Linda mean eye squint."
    give him your infamous Double chickenwing camel clutch!

linda, i'd have been pissed off at the owner, too.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Gawd, I HATE that!!! >

Poor Zoe!! Honestly, where is this dog's owner, and are they completely clueless?? Grrrrrr!!!

Henery is always the one being humped. Other male dogs, female dogs even, all want a piece of him. Another reason why I don't take him to dog parks is that I'm constantly hauling humping dogs off of him, with similarly oblivious owners.

I think a good stink eye and a "Please keep your dog under control!" next time this occurs? Or, you could always tackle the owner and hump him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast