BUDDY - I'm Panicking - UPDATE Mon PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BUDDY - I'm Panicking - UPDATE Mon PM

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultBUDDY - I'm Panicking - UPDATE Mon PM

Monday nite 8:30 PM
    I guess I'm not thinking. I'm truly sorry. I saw the other post asking for an update. I had replied further down in this one earlier today and didn't realize many couldn't know that without a change in the title.
    He's doing much better. He's still 'purple' but the vet confirmed it's normal and like you all said, I didn't need to panic. I can't help myself. I'm a worry wart. I don't ever recall reading a post where someone else's dog had this happen. Maybe I did and w/o seeing it personally, it just didn't sink in.
    He's using the leg more and more. I know he didn't do that so quickly the first time. Maybe that's why he is bruising. The incision is practically non existant. Except for the staples, you'd never notice it. No discoloration or oozing, etc. anywhere near it. Just purple everywhere else.
    Again, I do thank everyone here for putting up with me. I can't even imagine what I'd be like if I had to deal with some of the issues some of you have.
    Thanks again.
    Pam

-------------------------

Every time I think he's taking a step forward, something happens that throws me back to square one.
    I'm trying to post 4 pictures here. The first one is from yesterday that you all saw. During the night, he was very, very red. I assumed he licked off the hydrocortisone spray. This morning, it wasn't so red but the area was larger. Photos 2 & 3.
    I just looked at him now and this red is spreading. I hope you can tell from the angle of the shot but it is spreading now to his private area. I have calls in to all doctors but of course, it's Sunday night and I'm sitting here feeling like every minute is 5 hours. If this were razor burn, wouldn't it have all happened at the same time?
    He is using the leg more than before and doesn't seem to be suffering.

I'm sorry the pix are so large.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: BUDDY - I'm Panicking - Photos

gosh, that looks really red ! But somebody on here already said it would probably get worse before it got better, in terms of bruising....... but I don't know...... maybe it's like a black eye, and the blood is settling........ I would have a call into the vet if it were me, too.......

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I think it's OK. I hesitate to say normal. I definitely would call the vets just to be on th esafe side. Keep us updated.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I would have the vet look at that.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

I'm trying. I have calls in to both. Not getting any call backs. They usually are very good at calling right away. Could it be some kind of allergy to one of his meds? I'm going now to google dog allergies.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

It is definitely bruising. Just not sure why it keeps getting worse. Just wondering if he tore something the night he fell frog legged on the floor.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Skubaa Guest

I am new here with a new-to-us-now-9month old female lab. She got fixed the Tuesday before Memorial day weekend and had major blood clotting issues to the point we almost lost her. She didn't come home until that next Friday and had the same bruising on her lower belly. One would go and another would come. They finally went away today (a week later) or I would send in a pic. My vet thought they were from the bandages they had her wrapped in to try and encourage clotting but one popped up where there wasn't a bandage. I wouldn't panic but I would keep trying the vet. If you won't sleep well tonight--could you take him to a local vet hospital for a quick looksie. I have sprained my ankle where the bruise takes days to finally come to the surface---would dogs be similar.

Good Luck--DG

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

It looks like bruising to me too. I would certainly want to touch bases with my vet, but I doubt it is anything dangerous. Bruising gets worse for a few days before it gets better. His incision looks great, no redness or inflammation there, so that is really good news.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Oh boy...I can see why you're panicking. I would be too.
    But it doesn't look swollen, and like labsrme said, his incision looks great. It's not weeping, no swelling there either.

Is the red area hot to touch?
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

The incision looks great, healing nicely. I think the rest is just bruising.....In the second picture I can see a couple of areas where the bruising is just coming to the surface and I think they are the, closer to the groin, areas that you are worried about now. I would still need to get a vet check done just for complete peace of mind.

Won't someone please feed me!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast