2 questions

Thread: 2 questions

TheLimpShrimp is offline Senior Member

Default2 questions

Okay, first off, I"m looking for suggestions where to purchase reliable collars that won't cause discoloration. Ever since Honey was a pup, every collar she's worn has made an unsightly band of discoloration. The first collar was nylon from Tractor Supply; then I tried a leather one from Walmart; same thing. Even the chain collars do it. She swims in all of them, that's probably part of the reason, but I'm still not sure why the chain collar would cause it.
    Any experience with this? Solutions?

My second question is how young is a dog pup capable of reproducing? I've heard six months. Is this the absolute youngest? There's a bitch in heat not far and I'm wondering if there's any danger of my sister's pup getting to her. He's five months.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: 2 questions

First question. I use a heavy woven nylon collar on the bays, one red and one blue and they have never bled any color even after swimming. That said I only put their collars on when we go out. Otherwise thay both run around the house naked. ;D
    Here's a link to those collars at PetsMart: http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2025643&Ne=2

Second question: Sorry I have no idea but someone here will know.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

1. My dogs only wear collars when outside. They come off when the dogs come in the house. Since i have started doing this, I have not had a problem with the collar discoloring or leaving a ring.

2. I THINK that if the pup has not gone into heat, she cannot get pregnant. I could be horribly wrong about that, though.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

I have a collar from a gundog supply company (I believe). We got it years ago - but its nylon with a plastic like finish on it. No way could color come off of it. Its green - but there were other colors available. I'll see if I can find a link - we used to use it for pool/pond/ocean swimming.