Buddy Update-#2 Update 5AM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy Update-#2 Update 5AM

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuddy Update-#2 Update 5AM

Notice the time I'm sending this. He is laying on the floor in my room whining non-stop. It was the same procedure, same surgeon, etc. but this time he has 2 antibiotics and 2 pain pill rx's and he's miserable. He tried to get up earlier tonite and did the one thing he wasn't supposed to do: slipped on the wood floor in my room and landed like Bambi. I don't know if he did damage to the repaired leg. I had to call my neighbor to pick him up and get him back on his mattress cause neither of my sons was around to help. Sometimes I wonder if they mixed them up in their respective hospitals when they were born. Either that or they got possessed somewhere along the line. I couldn't move him and he stayed curled up where he landed. I haven't been able to close my eyes even for a minute.
    It's 5AM.. I'm dead tired but I can't sleep. He keeps moaning and whining. He did the one thing he wasn't supposed to do - tried to get up and slipped on the wood floor and landed like Bambi. Of course no one was home to help me. I had to call my neighbor at 10:45PM. He ran right in and Buddy didn't even acknowledge him. He's the neighbor Buddy absolutely adores. He picked him up from where he was and put him back on his futon mattress a few feet away. One of my boys finally came in and we decided maybe he needed to pee and that was why he tried to get up. So my son scooped him up and carried him to the yard. I knew the minute his feet touched the grass he'd go. He did and my son scooped him back up and carried him back in. I sure wish I could do that. I don't know what I'm going to do all day today by myself. Maybe I'll be lucky and he'll hold it till someone comes back home.
    He's also refusing to swallow his meds. He ate his dinner around 8PM but has since refused a milk bone, tuna, cheese and yogurt, all of which he takes no matter what the situation. I had to force the meds down his throat. The next round is going to be worse as there are more pills in this next batch.
    I am supposed to move the repaired leg 3 times a day. I tried twice and I actually thought he was going to snarl at me. It must really hurt. There is no mention of icing in my take-home instructions so I have to wait until 7am when the office reopens to ask. Ice was a big thing for both my knee repairs.
    Please keep us in your prayers. I need some energy and he really could use a break.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone
    I doubt I will get in here much for the next day or two. He made it thru surgery ok but he's not in good shape. He's on some heavy duty drugs. His eyes match his red collar. He has to stay put and doesn't want to. I have to stay on the floor with him and if I move an inch away he cries.
    He had the shakes really bad when we got home. Vet told me to cover him and keep him warm. He was probably cold from coming down off all the meds. He was given morphine this morning when I first brought him in.
    He has a much larger shaved area and the incision runs down most of his leg. Dr. took an xray of the first one to see how it mended and patted himself on the back and said it couldn't have healed better. We are hoping for the same results with this one.
    He has 2 antibiotics and 2 pain pills and it's so confusing I had to have them write it into a time table for me. I'm exhausted and have to go make myself a bed on the floor.
    I will update again as soon as I possibly can. I can't leave him alone too long as he tries to get up.
    Instructions have changed since last time. As soon as he toe touches, I can walk him around inside the house on his leash. He wants him to start using it. I have to exercise the knee back and forth several times a day starting now.
    Thanks for all the good wishes. Please understand I won't be answering any messages for a while. Computer is too far from him.
    Pam

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Buddy Update

Oh, poor Buddy. You are such a good dog mom.

Lots of good thoughts for him; I hope he comes around soon.

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

I hope he feels better soon. Sounds like you're in for a long night. Hope you manage some sleep. Sending good thoughts your way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

Oh Buddy. Prayers for both of you! Hope things are looking much brighter in the morning.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

YAY! Sooo relieved to hear that everything went well with surgery (including the first one) and that he's alive and recovering at home now. I hope he feels better and less 'loopy' soon, and that he heals quickly and completely.

Prayers and healing thoughts for him...and for you!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks so much for updating us. I was beginning to get worried that you hadn' checked in. Of course we understand. Just check in when you can.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Glad you are home. You take it easy Buddy and let mom do your PT.

Hope all continues to go well and that he comes out of the doopy stage soon.

Ok... I can go to bed now. Buddy is home and the surgery went well. I'm very relieved to hear it.
    Hang in there, Pam. I'm sure he will make a full recovery in no time under your care.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Continued good thoughts and prayers for Buddy. We understand Check in when you're able to
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

Glad he is home recovering. Good thoughts for you both Pam. Try to get some rest if you can.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast