rough, rough weekend. (pics, if you can take it!)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rough, rough weekend. (pics, if you can take it!)

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Defaultrough, rough weekend. (pics, if you can take it!)

Monday started off to be a great day. We had plans to go out on our boat with some friends....and, of course, take Sally. Well, at the last minute our friends cancelled. So we decided to go just us (hubby and me) and Sally.

Beautiful day. Sandwiches. Cooler with beverages. Warm, sunny. Sally so excited. We had just left the marina, and hubby was running the boat almost wide open. I had a bottle of spray cleaner and was in the back (it's a large pontoon boat) cleaning up some seats. Sally is up front (her favorite spot) with her head over the front rail....ears and tongue flapping in the breeze. Picture perfect, right?? ;D

Well, all of a sudden, hubby yells. I turn and look, and Sally had managed to get the little flap on the front door/gate to the boat pulled up and was on her way off the bow. Remember, hubby is going at approximately 35-40 mph. She was about to be fish food!!!!!

Her head was already off the boat....front paws poised on the edge ready to go....haunches up in the air. She was almost in mid launch! Naturally, hubby cut back but all that did was act like a brake and cause her to go farther off the boat.

My heart jumped up into my throat. I yelled and flew.....not ran....not jumped....not leaped....I did a perfect FLYING tackle that would put any NFL linebacker to shame. I flew threw the air and tacked her...grabbed her tail with one hand and back leg at the hip joint with the other arm and hung on for dear life until hubby could get up there and pull her back.

Saved my dog's life? Yep! Hero? Of course! BUT in doing so, I tore my leg up...blew my knee out. Really messed it up big time. Here are some picture I took last night to send to my kids. It actually looks worse today.

It was awful back at the marina trying to get off the boat and back up to the truck. But I can't complain really....at least Sally wasn't hurt!!!!!!!

And I guess she's just going to have to stay on a leash while we are running the boat. I hate that, but I'm not about to take another chance. Never in a million years would I have thought she would have tried going off that boat while we were running it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: rough, rough weekend. (pics, if you can take it!)

ouchies!!!!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Oh my gosh! That looks so painful! I hope you've seen a doc, or are going to.

Feel better hero! Sally better take good care of you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sorry about your knee I'm glad Sally's ok.

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

OMG

I am so sorry this happened to you!!! Thank God Sally wasn't hurt as well. Feel better soon!

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I hope you're just a bit banged up and heal quickly. My word Sally! What were you thinking?
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

OUCH! : That's worse than my knees after falling over Buddy. The things we do for our furkids. Yup, leash for Sally on the boat from now on. Not only would she have gone in the water, but the boat would have gone over her. :-[
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Wow! Glad you were able to save Sally, but your poor knee! Looks like you'll need an MRI.

Brookville, Pa.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

OUCH!
    My heart was beating so fast when I was reading your post. I am soooo glad Sally is ok. I hope you feel better soon!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

that looks sooooo painful!

Are you/have you been icing it? Been to the docs?

Hope you heal quickly.

I'm glad Sally is okay....but gosh, look at you.

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast