ew ew ewww please help what do i do

Thread: ew ew ewww please help what do i do

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Defaultew ew ewww please help what do i do

:'(

I was outside with Molly just now picking up poo from late last night and this morning and putting a few things away...she was standing over by my car whining and barking (I thought she just wanted to go for a ride) I guess that I ignored her for too long and she gently (and I do mean gently) picked something up, brought it over to me and dropped it ON my foot (which had a croc on lol). It was a baby bird....no bigger then my pointer finger, still had shell on it but not breathing. I don't know what to do with it. I don't want to touch it and we don't have gloves or anything down here...I tried to pick it up with an inside out bag but touching it almost brought me to tears. I'm going to sound like a werido but I don't want to "break" it or anything by picking it up with a shovel (we only have a huge shovel down here).

What can I do to pick it up?! How can I dispose of it?

Also is there anything I should do to sanitize Molly's mouth from picking it up to bring to me?
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: ew ew ewww please help what do i do

Just use a plastice bag (grocery store) and put it in the garbage can. It sounds insensitive but thats really all you can do unless you bury it or something I believe peroxide/water solution works well to get the germs out. Someone correct me if Im wrong though.

Ok I'm going out with a grocery bag...and I found a garden glove for my hand so hopefully I won't "feel" it.

*Stacey*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I posted in O&E. Rufus is right about the bag but remember that labs are retrievers and have carried dead birds for years with no ill effects. Don't bother with the peroxide which may make Molly vomit.

very very true on the vomit, I forgot all about dogs and peroxide = vomitting. Disregard my last reply ;D

Oh no, Stacey... RIP baby bird.

Don't worry about Molly, she'll be fine. Henery downed an already-dead-for-days squirrel to no ill effects.

I picked it up

RIP little baby bird.

It amazes me that Molly didn't want to hurt it, nor eat it but that she brought it over to me as if I would know what to do with it. She was so incredibly gentle too...I thought for sure she would have eaten something like that.
    *Stacey*

c17wife is offline Senior Member

poor Molly. Who knows if she was that gentle it may have already been dead and she was bringing it to yo to make it better?
    Give the girl a treat! (and it would at least get the smell/taste out of her mouth.) :P