Well, there goes $80 in the pond...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, there goes $80 in the pond...

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, there goes $80 in the pond...

Yup. $80. Gone.

Took the boys to the pond to swim last night. It was a nice night and they needed to play and exercise.

Rider went in with his collar on. Came out completely nekkid. ??? Collar: $15, new microchip tag: $6, new rabies tag: $1, new county license tag: $15, new ID tag: $8 = $45 gone on the first dummy launch.

Then...about 10 launches into the swimming session (in case you are wondering what a launcher is...it looks like this: and shoots dokken fowl dummies like this: using blank .22 shells. Great for training and for long launches), the duck's head falls off in mid air into the middle of the lake. On the next launch, the metal cylinder in the duck pops itself out of the neck of the duck where the head used to be. The dummy is dead. $35.

So...it started off as a nice night with the boys, ended too short and cost me $80. Off to go shopping for a new dokken duck...and to order new tags for Rider. :P
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, there goes $80 in the pond...

I don't mean to laugh but the part about the duck's head falling off and being dead ................ I'm laughing my own head off. THANK YOU so much. I REALLY needed this. I'm leaving soon for the surgery and this gave me some needed energy. First post I saw.

oh that is so stinky!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Bummerrrrrr...Did you ever figure out where Rider's collar went? That's so weird
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Oh fer cryin' out loud! Sorry to hear about the collar loss. (Note to self: change collars before swimming)

Dani. How far does the .22 cal launcher launch the dummy? I think this might be my next purchase!
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Dani is offline Senior Member

labs4life...the duck sits on the cylinder and the power of the shell propels the duck off of the launcher. It's loud, it sounds like a gun and it's meant to be handled like one. You have to clean it and oil it too.

I got mine as a kit from gundogsupply.com for $125. Here it is: http://www.gundogsupply.com/-971-.html and then I bought the dokken duck for the launcher. Rider LOVES it. Rookie loves it. Your dog's can't be gun shy or afraid of loud noises around this.

It's funny now...but I am bummed about the collar....I have no idea where it is...I am sure it's at the bottom of the pond.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Dani - we can get duplicate liscs. for approx $0.50 here - to put on another collar! Call and see if you can't go that route - assuming you have the receipt w/original # on it.

As for dead duck - I love it - sorry!

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    labs4life...the duck sits on the cylinder and the power of the shell propels the duck off of the launcher. It's loud, it sounds like a gun and it's meant to be handled like one. You have to clean it and oil it too.

I got mine as a kit from gundogsupply.com for $125. Here it is: http://www.gundogsupply.com/-971-.html and then I bought the dokken duck for the launcher. Rider LOVES it. Rookie loves it. Your dog's can't be gun shy or afraid of loud noises around this.

It's funny now...but I am bummed about the collar....I have no idea where it is...I am sure it's at the bottom of the pond.
    Thanx for the linky. My girls are not gun shy one bit. We have graduated from using a check cord for water retrieves and I figure this would be a good step forward as well. Thanks again.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

That stinks...but howd the training session go otherwise?? I've been training with a couple of friends who have a hand held launcher like this and it can easily chuck a dummy 75 yds. I'm going to need to pick one up soon because it was painfully obvious at first that my dogs where way too used to the distance I can personally throw a dummy or bird... which isnt close to 75 yds...lol

That thing is really cool...never saw one before. I'm thinking we need one of them too.

Dani, does that not normally happen? I mean was the duck defective in some way or was it an older one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast