Well, there goes $80 in the pond... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, there goes $80 in the pond...

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, there goes $80 in the pond...

Jim, that is good to know...however, it's been beyond 1 year...so, I don't think that the boys at gun dog supply would humor me on this one. No biggie. It's replaced now...

I really love what you did to cover the canvas dummies. Do the dogs have a hard time seeing them?
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Hey at least the dogs had a good time :P

Now you want to talk about money down the drain at the expense of your dogs you should have had MY Memorial weekend. It was one to remember and cost me almost $400!!! ER Vet visit, 3 x-rays on three dogs, one destroyed Charter DVR remote and one demolished cell phone later............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Silly US! We stayed home this holiday to SAVE money. HAHAHA
    Kim

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    Jim, that is good to know...however, it's been beyond 1 year...so, I don't think that the boys at gun dog supply would humor me on this one. No biggie. It's replaced now...

I really love what you did to cover the canvas dummies. Do the dogs have a hard time seeing them?
    The canvas dummie is not supposed to be used in water. With a yellow (medium) power load it will launch around 60 yards. Part of the reason that I wanted to use the camo over the canvas without any streamers is to (1) enforce their marking skills, and (2) make them use their noses in cover rather than relying on eye sight alone. We haven't lost one yet and I've even shot them into 12" and higher pasture cover. Since I'm almost always positioned downwind from the fall area (forcing the dawgs to retrieve into the wind), I can usually hear them "Snorking" as they hit the scent cone and then begin their search.

You may have noticed the white vinyl tape around the smaller PVC dummies. That serves two purposes. To give a better in-flight view over water for the dawgs, and also a little easier for them to spot when swwimming towards it since they are both low in the water. It really challenges them on long water blinds and I like it for that reason also.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123