SHEDDING! ARRGGHHHHH

Thread: SHEDDING! ARRGGHHHHH

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultSHEDDING! ARRGGHHHHH

Oh my goodness, is Buddy ever shedding! Shadow didn't have a true Lab coat, she had no undercoat. A couple of brushings in the spring and fall and she was good to go. I would vacuum once a week and pick up a lot of hair, but not an extreme amount. Boy, I never realized how good I had it! :-\

Buddy either has one heck of a thick undercoat, or is shedding his puppy coat along with winter coat, but this boy has shed enough hair that, if woven into yarn, would make a turtleneck sweater for the Statue of Liberty! I used a slicker, brush, and Zoom Groom on him Monday and got half a shopping bag full of compressed hair. Came home from work today and there were tufts of black hair all over the beige carpeting, so I just took him out again for another brushing. I got another half a shopping bag full, compressed tight, and I could have gotten more if my arm didn't feel like it was falling off. I am vacuuming about every other day just to keep the carpet from becoming black shag. I sure hope this ends soon so I can enjoy those 15 seconds when Labs stop shedding.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: SHEDDING! ARRGGHHHHH

I FEEL your pain !! LOL !!! I've been doing the same thing here ! Only multiply that by 4 !! Our yard looks like brown and black fuzzy clouds all over the grass !!!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Aw, Jackie. There's a really simple solution for those big-time shedders.
    Continue to groom as you are now, and then... dim the lights and
    squint your eyes a lot.

Works in my house!

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hi there!

I'm so glade to read this. Toby is our first dog and with all the hair over the place all the time, I thought something is wrong with him... ;D

Tobysmom

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I just try to rationalize it as more dog to love.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"