*Ack* Anyone want Lexi???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Ack* Anyone want Lexi???

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Default*Ack* Anyone want Lexi???

I am borderline wanting to strangle my little chocolate monster... SHE IS DIGGING UP MY FRONT FLOWER BED!!!

She wants to be outside, which is fine, but doofus lays in the sun all the time (sometimes even on the black asphalt driveway) & ends up being hot. Well instead of barking to be let inside (out of the sun) she digs herself a nice little gully in the mulch of my front flower bed!!! Each time it gets a bit deeper & larger!

When I raise my voice at her, the ears go back & her tail goes between her legs & she runs for the house.

Any suggestions on how to stop her from doing this???

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: *Ack* Anyone want Lexi???

I want her!! You bring that little chocolate kiss right over here!

Deb, Aidan and Emma were trampling our back flower bed and Jeff bought this green, wiring kind of stuff from Lowe's and sectioned it off. You can see through it, it's almost invisible. That's the only thing that worked for us.
    Or you could raise the front bed and put some landscaping rock in front of it? Maybe?

If you left her pool out there, would she use that instead of digging herself a cool nest?
    <br /><br />

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Lexi is just trying to save you the trouble of digging her an in ground pool...I mean she just wants to save ya some money!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

Supervision is the only way to correct the digging problem, some dogs are diggers and as you discovered some dig looking for a cooler spot.
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Lexi, you are always welcome here. We do things natural and wild here. Flower bed, hah. Weed bed is more like it.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

Cayenne Pepper. Go to Costco and buy the industrial size container. Sprinkle it on top of the dirt. She won't dig there after her first whiff. You may have to reapply as it wears off. This is how I broke Cinnamon of working on her holes to China.
    Karon<br /><br />

Leone is offline Member

I have found that moth balls keep the dogs out of the bits of garden that I dont want dug up any more..
    <br /><br />Hi, I&#039;m Hercules - I will grow into my name, I know I will... my mum says so!<br />and a couple of weeks later, see.... I am growing into a big boy

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I am going to stop by my parents tomorrow and pick up her wading pool. Maybe if she has access to that, she'll cease with digging up my pansies and violas.

Susan & Rangermom, thanks for the offers, but I think I'll hang on to the little monkey despite her penchant for dirt, especially that in my flower bed.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Susan & Rangermom, thanks for the offers, but I think I'll hang on to the little monkey despite her penchant for dirt, especially that in my flower bed.
    Lexis Mom - I don't think she'd go willingly. She loves you.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

TheLimpShrimp is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leone
    I have found that moth balls keep the dogs out of the bits of garden that I dont want dug up any more..
    I would be leery of doing this, as the dogs just may eat them, or some other critter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast