another lab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another lab

Defaultanother lab

Am I crazy for even thinking of adopting another lab after losing Sammy so soon? I feel guilty for checking out the LRRoF site. :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: another lab

Don't feel guilty at all!

If you're ready for another lab you'll know. Molly came home 1 month after our golden ret. passed, I needed that and I think that's why we are so close.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

I don't think your crazy at all. Everyone heals and mourns differently when you feel the time is right go for it. I know when the time comes that I lose one of mine I will want another one right away for me it would help me heal.

I'm sure Samantha would want you to be happy and help another labby friend have a great home.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I'm sure Samantha would want you to be happy and help another labby friend have a great home.
    This is how I would feel.

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

I don't think you are crazy. i'd really talk to AmazonGold as they just went through losing a lab and then adopting a new one. I bet they could offer LOTS of insight.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

No you're not crazy. I waited about a year after my first lab died thinking I could not go through that again. When time was running out for Tucson I knew I would get another lab and I adopted Nellie exactly one month after Tucson died. You will know when you're ready.

BudGirl8 Guest

Not crazy at all. You do what feels right. My friend lost her dog to a tumor on a Thursday and adopted a puppy from the pound on Saturday morning. She still misses Baggy desperately but Bailey needed a home...so there you have it.

Go with your heart.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Not at all Brooke. We got Tucker a couple of weeks after Tango passed away, and we got Frankie a couple of weeks after Sammy passed. It was a huge help to our healing process.

Go with your heart.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

No...your'e not crazy at ALL.... Go for it and like Amy said, follow your heart!

It's natural to feel guilty at that point so you're not crazy at all! But you really shouldn't have to. Sammy will always have a place in your heart and no other dog will change that. No fear of that at all. But if another lab makes you happy it's really OK to take it. And I know this is a cliche but I bet that Sammy would want you to be happy too.

A new lab would bring the happy wagging tail back into your life. It will never replace Sammy but the new dog will take its own place in your heart, right beside Sammy. I know that your heart is so big that it will have enough love for many dogs, for many personalities. But when the time comes to let them go, you'll know that you will never forget them and treasure each dogs memory in your heart.

Just follow your heart! You'll know in your heart when is the right time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast