Crate Introductions

Thread: Crate Introductions

DefaultCrate Introductions

Yesterday during the one of the pups outdoor playtimes, I decided to introduce them to a crate.
    I picked a very large cat crate. It's not too big, just large enough for 2 large adult cats, so I expected 2 or 3 puppies to fit in it.

I removed the door and placed it on the patio where the pups were playing and within a few minutes they were all playing around it and in it and trying to eat it. They continued to play in and around it for the next 20 minutes and then they had their lunch and crawled under the patio furniture and passed out.

I took the crate inside and put it in their ex-pen right next to their soft puppy bed. Then I went back outside to get the pups. I nearly dropped one of them this weekend when I was trying to carry two at a time so I'm now only carrying them one at a time. So that's 6 trips in and 6 trips out, 3 times a day on the weekends - fun, fun, fun.

I put the 1st sleepy puppy down, inside the ex-pen but outside the crate and went back outside to get puppy number 2. When I came into the bathroom with puppy number 2, puppy # 1 had crawled into the crate and was snoozing in the back. When I came in with puppy #3, now both pups were in the crate and it continued like this until I brought in the last puppy. The last 2 pups piled on to the puppy pile in that crate and all 6 of those pups wiggled their way into position in that tiny crate.

I'll have to get the camera back out because they slept like that most of the evening and this morning when I peeked in to get their mom, they were still all piled up in there. Crates are cruel - aren't they?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Crate Introductions

Awwwwww.... yes, pics.

Awww....how adorable we definatley need pictures

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

How cute.....

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh, please post pics! I work with one of those "crates are cruel punishment" people and no matter how much I tell him otherwise, he doesn't hear it. A couple pics of those pups sleeping in a crate, with the door open, should shut him up! ;D
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy