Just Labradors banner

Morning Greetings From Tucker

2K views 45 replies 42 participants last post by  Sams Mom 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Well, as you have heard, I am back at home. Thank goodness! I don't know if my mom ever told you but I HATE the vets with a passion - sure they SEEM nice, oohing and ahhing all over me but did you know that one time I went in AND CAME OUT WITH LESS BODY PARTS?!? Not just ANY body parts but very important body parts to a boy dog. There was no litigation after this horrible experience!! NOTHING. My mom and dad just kept on like having less man parts was completely normal!! But I digress ...

I know that many of you have been praying and hoping that I would make it through what happened to me, and for that I thank you. I know that there are a lot of cool and wonderful dogs at the Rainbow Bridge but I wasn't ready just yet and I know my parents weren't either. I was so scared and I couldn't control my body shaking - I couldn't even walk! Last weekend I was jumping off a dock and on Sunday my dad had to carry me up the stairs - it was humiliating. I was so not myself that mom said the emergency vet told her that I was trying to bite people in there! ME!?!?! I have never bitten anything in my life, well, except the faces of my many friends - but that is all in good fun.

I am still a bit wobbly and so very tired but mom says it is because of all the stuff they put into my body to calm me down and stop the seizure. I also have an annoying bandage on my foot that is messing up my normal walking. I have been secretly trying to bite it off but I think my mom is part of the bandage-police because she keeps catching me.

I am glad to be back at home but now mom is saying something about going to the vets again soon. Geeze, a guy can't get a break around here!

Between you and I - I am not sure if my mom is emotionally stable. When I was shaking in the car on the way to the vet, she was crying, when I saw her yesterday and licked her face, she was crying, she talks on the phone about what happens and cries, she keeps looking on the computer and crying ... How can a boy sleep with all the crying around here???

Anyway, I am so lucky to have so many friends on JL. Mom says I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your positive thoughts and prayers.

Here is some pics of me and my bandage. Initially I was on the bed and looked so cute but mom went to get batteries, then I moved to a spot that mom says is the worst spot in the house for pictures .. but oh well, hopefully you guys won't notice ;)

Mom will update after the vet at 9. Bye JL friends - luv you lots! Tuck

See less See more
#6 ·
Hey Tucker!

Henery here! Boy oh boys, are me and my mom glad that you've stopped your shaking and you're back at home with your mom and dad!! Way to scare the living bejeesus out of them! (and out of all of us!). High paw!

Dude, you look kewl with your limey-blue bandage (one time, MY vets put HOT PINK on me, cuz they thought it would be funny... yeah, real funny I'M A BOY!! ::)) and I'm sure you'll be losing that awful quick. ;) At least you don't have to wear that lampshade thingie!

My mommy said that when you're better, we're gonna have a playdate!! YEAH!! Maybe we can go hunt down dead squirrels at Greenway Park... haha (oops... Mommy just said NO NO NO HENERY! :mad:), okay, maybe we can walk the path then or romp somewheres!

K, have funs at the vet, hope they don't take no mores of you!

Your pal, Henery!

#7 ·
Hurrah!

Tucker, I'm so glad to see your are home. My Aly had one heck of a health scare last summer and had to spend quite a bit of time at the hospital...so I know how helpless your mom must have felt.

kisses and bitty face from my three.

G
#15 ·
Tucker,

Hugs and kisses to you....you surely gave your Mom and Dad (and all your JL friends) a scare this weekend. I am so glad that you are feeling better, you know, dont tell your Mom, but trying to bite off your bandage is good news...that means you are feeling better!!!

We are so glad that you are home!! Hugs and kisses and even some bitey face from Zuki and Griffin too!!

Hugs,
Deb

G
#22 ·
Tucker, tolerate the vet for your mom and dad's sake, keep getting well, and then tell Scout the secret to dock jumping. She's a dock belly flopper. She manages to get in the water, but no style points.

We're watching for news of your vet appt.

Scout and Judith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.