Oh my god!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god!!

Kathryn Guest

DefaultOh my god!!

It was pretty late last fall when I posted about hearing a dog bark and just scream out in pain.. well then the snow started falling and I hadn't heard anything like that till about 3 weeks ago Peggy and I were outside and heard it.. Tonight it has been so bad! You hear a bark and then it turns into a scream. I am pretty sure they have put a bark collar that shocks on this poor dog. Peggy and I walked the back fences tonight after we heard it again to see if we couldnt find it. Nothing.. Now I know how shock collars can be they can make a dog yelp in shock if its set at the right setting. If its to high they will scream out in pain. thats what this poor dog screams like a pain scream. It really bothers me!!! I understand so dogs are barkers but I think MOST dogs if the effort is put in you can train the dog with out a bark collar NOT to bark.. People are just to damn lazy to do it :
    Sorry this is just really bothering me and I cant call animal control because no one is there today : :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh my god!!

UGH..... that makes me feel sick........ it bothers me too, and I am not the one hearing that poor poor dog...... I agree that people are just too lazy to train the dog...... how would THEY like it if the collar were on them..... why do some people have a dog......... I hope the dog runs away from them........

Melissa

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

OMG... that's horrible. That poor dog. I agree about lazy people. I haven't seen one or heard one with the shock collars but I see them in yards on a chain (a short one at that) and they look dirty and miserable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Lazy and a few other adjectives I can think of. I don't get it either why some folks have a dog.

And why the think dogs are born well behaved is beyond me. Our human kids arent so why think our furkids are??

Is there a way for you to tape it with sound to show as proof to Animal Control?

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tbog
    Is there a way for you to tape it with sound to show as proof to Animal Control?
    All I can get is sound. I dont even know where the dog is. Thats why Peggy and I went walking to find the poor thing. The ONLY thing these people have going for them is the dog is NOT outside 24-7. I wish I could find the dog so I could call animal control :-\

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How cruel. Poor doggy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I work in farm country. There is dog in the house on the hill who when his owners go away he screams like he is being tortured!!!! Yip-Yap-Bark-Scream! It starts out mild and by the mid day it drives me nuts. I mostly hear it on days the wind is carrying it my direction. Don't be so sure to judge until you know what is going on.
    Kim

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbaylabs
    Don't be so sure to judge until you know what is going on.
    Never in my life have I heard a dog bark start out as a bark and turn into a scream at the same time.. I have heard a dog bark and then scream but for them to run together with now pause makes me feel SOMETHING isnt right..

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I trained Peanut not to bark indoors (I lived in an aptartment with paper-thin walls when I got her, it was a necessity) It was fairly easy, and I didn't need a shock collar....... and minpins are known for being "yappy"....ugh, I'm sorry you have to listen to that, must be awful.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast