shedding

Thread: shedding

Defaultshedding

What do you lab owners do about shedding? There is hair all over this house. It is driving me nuts! No matter how much I brush her she still sheds ALOT! I would appreciate any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: shedding

I don't have any great suggestions for you. Our other lab mix was lab and retriever mix and boy could he shed! I didn't know until recently (read it here on JL) that labs blow their coats. Madison is 7 months old and not to long ago, was shedding like crazy but now she's not doing it much. Sarah is only 3.5 months old so hasn't done any shedding that we've noticed. We vacuum A LOT and sweep A LOT. It does get frustrating. I used to get very stressed about all the hair when we had Max, besides having 2 cats in the house.... lots of hair! Now, I just brush them out and keep sweeping and vacuuming.

Kaylasmom is offline Senior Member

The best thing I've found is the Swiffer/Vac. It is basically a cordless minivac with a swiffer pad attached. It gets all the hair and then vacuums it up. With 2 labs, I swiffer/vac everyday, but it keeps the hair down.
    So, do you come here often?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

K.B. Guest

We take them outside with the shedding blade almost every day and we bought a good vacuum. And then we lowered our standards just a little when it came to dog hair in our lives.

Yes, I too use the shedding blade every day. Is shedding worse this time of year? I just have never seen her shed this much before. She is three.

K.B. Guest

For us the shedding is bad right now. My yellow is shedding horribly. We pat him just after a good rake and a cloud of fur flies everywhere!

BuddyHsMom is offline Senior Member

Going thru the shedding REALLY bad here also!! I brush and brush Buddy outside, but still, hair all over everywhere in the house. It wasn't this bad until just the past few weeks, so I'm hoping it will get better.....?

Until then, I will be vacuuming and Swiffering a lot more often!

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by K.B.
    We take them outside with the shedding blade almost every day and we bought a good vacuum. And then we lowered our standards just a little when it came to dog hair in our lives.
    We do the same exact thing..... plus, we bought a leather couch..... hair won't weave into it like the fabric ones.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

K.B. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    Quote Originally Posted by K.B.
    We do the same exact thing..... plus, we bought a leather couch..... hair won't weave into it like the fabric ones.

Melissa
    HA! We just bought a leather set too! Can't say enough good things about the fur not getting embedded into a fabric couch anymore!

labbie2 is offline Senior Member

Lily and Legend shed a lot, too. I just vacuum and adjust my standards for a hairless house. Brushing helps but in Charleston, SC, I believe the year round mild temperature brings on year round blowing coats! Just the other day my husband removed a wayward white hair from the top of his brownie before eating it... must not be a big issue with him. :