Harley and pooping...

Thread: Harley and pooping...

DefaultHarley and pooping...

Wow, I think I might have gotten a lucky break on the house training thing. Harley has picked up well on the leash, and going outside. He has yet to poop in the house, and only had a couple of piddles on accident. Not only that, he was nibbling my toes again last night and I think he might have been telling me he wanted to go out, because as soon as I got up (I had decided to walk him anyway) he headed for the door. Is it possible for a Lab that young to be doing that? The kicker was today. We had a busy day, running all over and not much time to stop for anything. Through it all though, while at home, he wouldn't poop in the house.

He was acting all tired today and I realized he hadn't pooped all day, so I took him out at the nursing home (this wasn't the only time we tried) and he finally succeeded. Just as soon as he did, he was ALL over the place, bouncing around, jumping, tugging...

Never underestimate the power of a good BM...

Kevin

P.S. If you see I've written something that sounds like I'm being neglectful or stupid about our pooch, then please speak up. It's not that we're uncaring, just uninformed of all his needs...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

My 18 month old lab has never poo'd in our house either. She has only pee'd inside 3 times. Once on her first night, once at 12 weeks because she was excited to see us after being in her crate for the morning and forgot to hold it in before going outside and once about 3 months ago when she played with the hose and sprinkler ALL morning and couldnt wait until we got home and even then she did it by the back door..... we didn't even realise it was wee at first because it was so clear (she'd swallowed THAT MUCH water!!)

So yes, it is very possible and yes, Labs are capable of it. It sounds like you are being very consistent and that is fabulous, Harley sounds like Milly... a quick toilet training pupil and that is awesome for you!!

Well done Harley!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

That's great! Hooray for Harley! Dozer has picked up on the potty training well too. He's only had a handful of pee accidents in the house since we've had him (for three weeks - already!!) and now will ask at the door if he needs out.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Abbey had a very bad case of loose stools as a pup due to giardia and she did her best to keep it in until we got home, but she couldn't. I never really held it against her because it wasn't her fault!!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo only pooped in the house once, his second day home, and it was only because I was distracted with something at that moment or I would have caught him in time. Can't take your eyes off puppy for a second! He had a handful of pee accidents, and then had a UTI so had a few in later puppyhood as well.

Sounds like you're doing well to me!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I think you're doing great!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

How terrific. I just hope you haven't jinxed yourself now. lol