Pool toy recommendations? What works for us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool toy recommendations? What works for us

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultPool toy recommendations? What works for us

Most of the pool toys we have purchased, get trashed pretty quickly. I was wondering what you use for your lab's pool toys?
    There is one toy from pet smart, clear blue ball on a yellow rope- they chewed the ball and separated it from the rope.

We only let them use pool toys in the pool, so it's not like theyre chewing on them all day inside. This is just wear and tear from playing in the pool. Emma is a toy destroyer. Her mission is to disassemble, de-stuff, destroy any toy. :

Exceptions
    Hartz Aqua Pals - AWESOME product! Both dogs love this, it leaks water, you can freeze it, they cannot chew it to pieces.(pet smart)
    Good old fashioned bumpers work great, too as long as they ae used for retrieving sessions only and put away after.
    Tennis balls
    <br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pool toy recommendations? What works for us

We don't have a pool, but at the beach, I've seen dogs retrieve those floating kongs. It does have a rope on one end.

Also, those yellow bars ??? looks like tennis ball material. It's about 8 inches long.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I'm going to put in a vote for the floating kong

Abby and Molly loved theirs until My dad threw it out too far into the bay last summer and a boat went by and it went bye byes out into the current somewhere
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Ah ok...i'll have to get a couple.

And the floating 8inch yellow bar thing... I know what you mean...saw them at Pet Smart. I'll try one of them too.
    <br /><br />

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Floating kong is the way to go.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Floating Kong like the one in my siggy pic.
    Kim

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Theo's absolute favorite pool toy is a volleyball with a velcro strap around it so you can latch onto it with your mouth. I'm not sure who makes it (belongs to friends of ours), but this is what it looks like:

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

Hey Cinnamon has a soccer and basket ball like Theo has. Mom bought them at Costco for her. We haven't tried those in the pool. Cinnamon has a floating football with a roap attached from Petco also.
    Karon<br /><br />

jcfehr is offline Senior Member

Dakota has the floating kong just like Lily's ..... she retrieves for hours unless I put it away !!
    <br /><br />

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Oh POOL TOYS! Murray's favorite subject! ;D

Murray is very hard on all of his toys. The ones that seem to survive the longest with him are:

Sqwuggie (firehose bumpers) from http://www.katiesbumpers.com/ Made from firehose...what else can I say. ;D

EGGe (hard hollow plastic egg) from http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fu...&ParentCat=274 Murray pushes this thing around the pool for hours (not really hours but it seems like it sometimes). He can't get it out of the pool so he swims and swims and swims. Remember a tired Lab is a good Lab. This toy can also be played with in the yard. It's unique shape keeps it going in different directions and keeps the dog entertained. Petsmart and Petco have something similar (a round ball) but Murray gets the ball spinning really fast and it burns the hair off his nose :-\ so I prefer the egg shape because of it's odd trajectory but the ball works too.

Air Kong (bumper, donut, football, etc) from Petsmart and Petco. These are more durable than a lot of toys but they can be destroyed quickly if you don't supervise them.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast