PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE!!!

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultPRAYER REQUEST PLEASE!!!

I hate having to ask for prayers but if one more thing happens here, I don't know what I'm going to do.
    Most of you know I have my friend's dog Choco here. He's really obedient and I love him to death. So does Buddy. Earlier today, Choco's mom came to see him. She took him out in my yard and played with him for a few minutes. Naturally, Buddy wanted to go too. I have told her at least 1000 times, BUDDY CAN"T RUN. I don't trust his repaired leg enough to have him running anywhere, especially in my yard as there is a steep slope to the lake. When he hurt his other leg almost 2 years ago, it was due to him running down the slope to chase a duck out of the yard. He twisted it on the slope.
    I was in my back room as the cable man had just come to repair my cable. I thought Buddy was watching them through the den glass doors. I was wrong. She let him out and when she threw a ball for Choco, Buddy tried to get it first. I didn't see exactly what happened but after a few minutes, she called out to me to say that Buddy was limping. Limping didn't half near explain it. He cannot put even one toe from his good leg on the floor! At first I thought it was the repaired leg. That one never quite got all it's strength back and now it is doing the entire job of him trying to get anywhere. Of course, it's a holiday weekend. The only vet I trust isn't there. If I take him to the standby ER, they will take xrays and tell me what I already know. So I gave him some pain meds and he is asleep at the moment. I'm praying I hear back from the vet tomorrow but more than likely it's going to be Tuesday. The other leg cost $2000 if I remember correctly. I honestly don't know how I'm going to handle this.
    Thursday night my youngest son asked to use my car. I let him take it because it was his birthday. Big mistake. He stayed out all night and when he walked in at 5:30 am he handed me the keys and fell into his bed. Never said a word about anything. 2 hours later, I left the house for an appt. to have some warranty work done on that car at the dealership. I nearly had a heart attack when I got outside and saw the front end of my car all smashed in!! He was too tired to tell me when he came in at 5:30!!!!!!!
    I won't bore you with the details of how I proceeded to yell, scream and attempted to break in the locked door to his room.
    The car was still driveable so I took it to the dealer and the first estimate I got to fix it was $3,800. I can't put it thru insurance. The annual charge for the 3 of us is currently just under $6000. If I put this claim in, I'm afraid they will raise it even higher. I don't even know for sure what he hit but I think it was a tree as there appears to be little splinters stuck to some of the damaged parts. The repair shop printed out a paper that outlines Florida law and it warns that a misleading insurance claim is a class 3 felony. I don't want to take any chances. As long as no other vehicles were involved and he didn't hurt any people, I'm considering this a blessing. I was also told that if the insurance company makes the repair, my car will have a 'record.' So somewhere down the road, if I trade it in or sell it, the VIN # will reveal an accident. There is no structural damage as all these cars are mostly plastic these days. It's all surface damage; a fender, a whole new bumper, etc. So I'd rather not have a 'record' since they will unbolt all the damaged parts and rebolt on new ones. It will be returned to it's pre-accident, perfect condition. So I have to pay for the repair out of pocket. I was trying to determine just how I was going to do that and now I have to worry about Buddy first.
    So if you can spare a few minutes, please pray that I'm mistaken and Bud's injury isn't as bad as it seems. And that nothing else happens until I can get through these current issues.
    Thanks in advance.
    :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paula is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE!!!

Prayers for all of you.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Oh boy Pam... :-\

Poor Buddy! I really hope it's just temporary and he's back to normal by tomorrow morning. I'll pray for him and you.

~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Prayers for all of you...I know it seems overwhelming at times. And please keep us updated on Buddy.

Oh what a rough weekend you have had. Prayers that Buddy will be ok and for your sanity. I think I would make son get a job (or a 2nd job) to pay for the repairs.

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Oh no! Prayers for all of you.

lablover is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you have had a very hard weekend! Sending prayers for all of you.

Caseys Mom Guest

Oh, poor Buddy! Of course, many good thoughts and hopes that he'll be feeling better in the morning headed your way.
    And (((hugs))) for you. What a weekend!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Sending lots of good thoughts for Buddy. Hopefully it isn't as bad as you think it is.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

i will be praying that Buddy will be OK and you will come through all this OK

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast