Ranger is Home & Smarter Than My Husband! LONG

Thread: Ranger is Home & Smarter Than My Husband! LONG

DefaultRanger is Home & Smarter Than My Husband! LONG

First things first, I am SO in LOVE! I know everyone says their puppy is smart, but he really IS!!

I slept worse than he did the first night! I made some very tiny pieces of puppy treats and made a Hansel and Gretel Trail from just inside his crate to the end, which wasn't far, because there is a copy paper box back there. He walked in, snacked, dropped and slept for 6-1/1 hours!

The second night was just as successful!

Thanks to Abby, his first Mom and her daughters, he knows his name, which makes things easier.

Thanks to the watchful eye of my husband, NOT! Ranger disappeared the first morning! The little devil left the kitchen, found the master bedroom and ended up in his crate! How smart is that? He did come, however when he was called. We only knew where he was because of the direction in which he came.

I haven't had any accidents with him. I keep him confined until he notifies me that he needs to go. Then, we go to the appropriate spot, I use the words, praise and he's done. If he doddles too long, I bring him back in, confine him and wait some more.

He's also figured out where the outdoor water box is and goes there to drink. When I was filling it earlier today with the hose, I turned the flow way down and he drank from it. I always thought it was cool when dogs did that and Aysa and Allie have never had any interest.

DH's first morning with him. Brings the pup outside...expects immediate results - does he not listen to me?? Nothing.. Bring the puppy in thinking "how cute it is when he follows me?" Accident number 1!

Day 2. Earlier DH actually accuses me of closing the exercise pen down too small because only the little bed fits...so, later in the morning, when DH is watching Ranger, DH starts to read the paper and disappears somewhere in that brain of his where he can't hear me, dogs or puppies. So, what does Ranger do, pee!

DH, being a man of great wisdom and the ability to quickly learn from mistakes, puts Ranger back in the pen after cleaning the pee. So, what does Ranger do after DH goes back to reading the paper? You guessed it!! POOP!

Later, when I go fetch my coffee, I find another accident, in my kitchen! A wet spot that DH says, "how do you know it wasn't you?" I'm thinking, "because I use a toilet?" Of course I don't say that, I let it go!

Now, Hubby is an Engineer and cannot be TOLD ANYTHING! So, I'm making remarks like, Ranger was so good, I did this...and he...blah, blah, blah...Osmosis in the only method this Man can learn by. He won't read doggie books, he won't watch the doggies shows (except the competitions) and lectures are as effective as trying to talk to my mailbox.

Oh, get this, my Husband, the brainchild, uses the clorox hard surface sanitizing spray when I have a 400 gallon jug of Nature's Miracle sitting in plain view, just in case! ;D I have no idea where he used it. I can only HOPE it will kill any smell.

Back to Ranger, he's fabulous, adorable, smart, gorgeous, fun to be around and makes all my stress melt away... for now...I'm sure there are nightmares to follow, LOL!!

Linda

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ranger is Home & Smarter Than My Husband! LONG

Ranger is absolutely adorable. He does sound rather smart. Good luck with the training (both Ranger and Husband)

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Oh my what a cutie, and even if they do add some stress - their worth every bit of it ;D!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ROFLING..I think we're married to the same man...I tell him the correct way/terms/actions..and he does it his way or not at all. Aaaaaaaarrrghhh.
    Ranger is adorable...I feel the same way about Dakota..being smart, adorable, smart, beautiful, smart. LOL
    I wish you many happy years with Ranger..he IS a cutie.
    Jackie ;D

Oh man...youve got 2 boys to train, sounds like :

Ranger is adorable :-* Keep posting pics, I could look at that face all day.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awww there he is! Sweet, sweet Ranger. :-*
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Lol.
    Glad I'm not the only one involved with a man who can't be told anything The part about the Nature's Miracle sounds like something Scott would do.

Good luck with training both.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sams Mom
    Lol.
    Glad I'm not the only one involved with a man who can't be told anything The part about the Nature's Miracle sounds like something Scott would do.

Good luck with training both.
    I think it's just "selective hearing" ...... I babble on about how to's and he does it his way and then complains.......oy...,.. I just give up.......

RANGER is SO darned cute !!!! Don't worry, he will teach your husband...........

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/