I think I am turning into a collaraholic

Thread: I think I am turning into a collaraholic

DefaultI think I am turning into a collaraholic

So a local pet supply place was having a going out of business sale...could not compete with a couple of the major chains that recently openned here apparently. So I stopped by to see if they had any food left. They did not but when I went looking they had collars on for 60% off. Well, I walked out of there with 2...a rolled leather collar ($6.00) and a gold show chain ($15.00).

I get home and my significant other makes fun of me. She says...how many collars does one dog need. I respond that he does not have THAT many and then we start listing them out.

2 red flat buckle collars (first one as a pup, second as an adult...these are his everyday collars
    2 leather collars (special occassions and therapy dog...one is flat leather, the other is the rolled one)
    2 slip chains (first one I bought when he started his training, the second I bought when he grew out of the first)
    2 prong collars (first one was a cheap model...I liked the concept so I bought the second one Herm Springer)
    1 gold show chain (for use if I ever show him)

so that makes 9 which I THINK is not bad. But then she pointed out I have a half dozen bandanas (collected from various walks, events and such that we have gone on). Of course I pointed out that they were not collars.

Then she pointed out that I have 2 tab leashes, 1 leather leash, 1 nylon leash and 1 flexi lead. I pointed out that those were not collars either.

Then she pointed out his backpack and harness. I pointed out that neither was a collar (although technically the harness can serve as an attachment point)

But listed out like that, I gotta say...these things build up pretty quickly. Maybe I need an intervention??? But I mean for $21.00 for what I bought yesterday, you cannot go wrong.

Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I think I am turning into a collaraholic

I'm definitely envious. Violet wants a backpack, and I'm wanting to get her a rolled leather collar as well as "Seasonal" collars. Have you seen Walkewoo's website? I thought those were pretty fun...and their slogan's da' bomb!

Nope, have not seen that site but will check it out. I love Morgan's new rolled leather collar. Looks great on him and the best is that it was made right here in Newfoundland

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I can relate. I am definitely a collarholic! Brigetta has so many, and I still want to get her a red one for swimming from Ollydog and a leather collar and leash set, plus a ton of other collars I've seen. I've transferred my shoe obsession to a collar obsession :-\

2 harnesses (1 doubles as a seatbelt)
    2 bandannas
    1 martingale
    32 collars
    10 leashes

I had to buy this so I could keep them in one place.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence