Congrats to me, Congrats to me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to me, Congrats to me

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultCongrats to me, Congrats to me

I am very excited for the summer because I will be moving to Kansas after accepting a faculty position there. I am soo looking forward to it and am seriously considering buying a house. It has a nice fenced yard, and the yard isn't too big which means I wont have to spend alot of time mowing it .

I am hoping to move around June 20 to get set up there plus it will give me time I can be home alot with Tal and Midnight before school starts and they can get acclimated. I have already started packing and I know Tal has noticed this but I have kept up his play, walks and all and I think he will be ok as long as we are together. I was going to change him to adult food in July, when he is a year old, but I may wait a little longer because even under the best of conditions he will still be under a little stress. I plan on taking him to daycare the day I packup the truck then the day we leave I'll play fetch with him so I bet he sleeps most of the way.

I'm going to purchase a PetTaxi, or something like that, for Midnight and spray some Feliway in it. She is an outdoor cat and she doesn't know it but she will be an indoor cat before this is over. . I am also going to get her a cat tree and use the ex-pen I got for Tal to set it off so she can have her own area and get some peace and quiet if she wants it.

Definitely will get some pictures because I bet this will be an adventure for us all!

Sorry for the length but I thought I'd share not only my news but make sure I have the bases covered for both my furkids. The truck is air conditioned so the ride will definitely be alot more comfortable for us than my Jeep! Oh yeah, I will be stopping every two or three hours to let Tal out to potty, and maybe play with him a bit. I'm gonna be particular about where I do that though. I never stop at rest stops and won't especially with him because every body takes their dogs out to potty there and you never know what they have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Congrats to me, Congrats to me

Good luck, Guy. Sounds like you have everything covered. Congrats on your new teaching position!

I hate rest stops also and never use them for the dogs. Tal will be going on a BIG adventure.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Wow! That was fast! Has this been in the works for a while?
    Anyway, sounds like you have the transport part well arranged.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    Wow! That was fast! Has this been in the works for a while?
    Anyway, sounds like you have the transport part well arranged.
    Yes..I have been applying since February so I have had this in the works for awhile. I considered it alot and since it is an opportunity to teach at the next level, I figure that is a good thing.

He is going to be a professor now! woohhoooo Tal, your Dad is getting promoted.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

It's great. I'm glad for you. Hope you can buy that house!

Seamus and Flynn

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

yay for you!!!!!!

that's awesome!!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Thanks...it will be an adventure for me too becuase I have never traveled with animals before..I just want to make sure they have as comfortable a trip as possible.

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Contgrats on new Job, hope the move and job goes well for you and the animals, I am sure Tal we look on it as a big adventure

Ps I think my Saska's avatar Picture looks a lot like TAL?

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Congrats on your new job!!! How exciting for you and Tal. Tal's new big adventure. Be sure to take lots of pics and give us the low down on when you leave etc. How far of a trip is it for you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast