:( Molly might have to go home with my parents

Thread: :( Molly might have to go home with my parents

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Default:( Molly might have to go home with my parents

:'(

She was supposed to stay with me all summer, but the restaurant where I'm working ended up being short hostesses so for the time being I'm going to be working a lot more then originally planned. I don't think it would be fair to Molly to have to stay home for 9-10 hours by herself w/ no potty breaks and eating dinner at 10pm every night. By the time I got home it would be too late for exercise and she would only get a walk in the A.M.

There are times where I wouldn't go in until 4pm and would get off between 9-11 (depending on how busy it gets), but again it wouldn't be fair just until I get a set schedule. I'm going to try and work w/ the restaurant to see if I can get a set schedule or perhaps a 30 min break when I work a long shift. She's going to stay with me for a few weeks to see how things work out, but in the event they don't she'll be going back home with mom and dad

I'm so heartbroken right now, but I just want to do what is best for my baby girl.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: :( Molly might have to go home with my parents

Oh wow...I'm sorry that has to be. But it sounds like it will be a temporary situation and hopefully Molly will be back with you soon. I think it's cool your parents can take her in. You know she will be well cared for and that means alot. Good luck.

Mugs mom and dad is offline Senior Member

Sorry you can't keep Molly, But your doing what best for her.

~Michele,Mugs & Sassy~

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hopefully it will be temporary, I'll be lonely with no dog around to cuddle in bed with me

Haha I'd be worried if they wouldn't take her home since she lives there too :P
    *Stacey*

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

By law if you are working more than 6 hours they have to give you a lunch break. And if it is unpaid (as most are) you are free to leave the premises as they cannot control what you do on your own time so you should be able to come home and let Molly out. Or maybe you could work a split shift like breakfast and dinner with being off by 8pm.

As far as Molly eating late she will adapt. I worked evenings for a while 3-11 and my dobie quickly to sleeping and eating around my hours.
    Karon<br /><br />

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

As always,you are putting your dog first.

I hope the reatuarant is willing to work something out with you. Stacey, you give a good name to young dog owners. I wish they were all as responsible as you are.
    <br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    As always,you are putting your dog first.

I hope the reatuarant is willing to work something out with you. Stacey, you give a good name to young dog owners. I wish they were all as responsible as you are.
    I hope so too Susan, I really do. I try to be as responsible as possible, I bet Jeffrey does a darn good job too
    *Stacey*