Canadians Catch Contaminated Corn Concentrate

Thread: Canadians Catch Contaminated Corn Concentrate

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultCanadians Catch Contaminated Corn Concentrate

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Friday(5-25-07) it has intercepted one shipment of CORN GLUTEN imported from China that tested positive for melamine and cyanuric acid.
    The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has tested 32 samples of wheat, rice, soy and corn gluten and protein concentrates coming into the country from China. The federal agency is also testing imports that entered the country over the past year.
    "Shipments are being tested for both melamine and cyanuric acid since, although neither substance is believed to be particularly toxic by itself, their potency appears to be increased when they are present together," the federal agency said in a statement.

Kelly And Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Canadians Catch Contaminated Corn Concentrate

I hope the United States is testing like the Canadians......

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Us Canucks kick ass.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    I hope the United States is testing like the Canadians......

Melissa
    Same here...this seems like it will never end.

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

YEAH! Go Canucks!! *giggle*
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

I just bought a new bag of dog food. The type I feed wasn't affected, but some of their products were and they all come from the same facility. I've been assured that it is absolutely 100% fine and has been tested etc. etc. for any chance of cross contamination. No problems. I think after what's happened we are all going to think differently and feel less secure when we feed our dogs. It's not just the fact that it happened, but the fact that it is taking weeks for all the affected foods to come to light.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Of The Hill

I just bought a new bag of dog food. The type I feed wasn't affected, but some of their products were and they all come from the same facility. I've been assured that it is absolutely 100% fine and has been tested etc. etc. for any chance of cross contamination. No problems. I think after what's happened we are all going to think differently and feel less secure when we feed our dogs. It's not just the fact that it happened, but the fact that it is taking weeks for all the affected foods to come to light.
    Same here, but I am switching to raw. Seems like the safest way to go at this point. Everyday it's just one more food after the other!