Just Curious....

View Poll Results: How many dogs (lab AND non-lab) does everyone have?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

34 37.36%
  • Two

34 37.36%
  • Three

11 12.09%
  • Four

5 5.49%
  • Five or more

7 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious....

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust Curious....

I'm interested to see what the 'average' number of dogs is.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix Guest

DefaultRe: Just Curious....

I'am just having one Labrador (Laika), but i'am thinking about a second one from the Retriever Rescue over here in the Netherlands

I only have 1 Lab right now. He will be 6 months old on the 29th. I plan on getting another Lab in a year or two. Six years ago I had 4 dogs. Muttley was a Shih Tzu mix that I had since a puppy and had to have him pts at 15 years old. I had 3 dogs until 2005. Kessiah, a Samoyed that a friend was going to take to the Humane Society and I took her instead. She was 2 and I had her until April of 2006 when I had to have her pts. She would have been 16 in June of 2006. My Black Lab Beauty I had to have pts in October of 2005. She was almost 14. Lacey had to be pts in November of 2006. She was 12. I was dogless for 3 months and couldn't stand it anymore. I had always had a dog my adult life and really, really missed the companionship. Now I just have my ornery Ranger who I love dearly. ;D I did still have my cats when I lost my last Lab, but that just isn't the same.

So, to answer your poll, right now I have 1 Lab and eventually will raise that number to 2. I don't think I will ever have 4 at one time again. And that is only because of finances. I want to care for and spoil them as much as I can. ;D Having 4 just makes it hard sometimes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

I like having two. They don't feel so alone when my wife and I are at work! Yes, your house and yard will get twice as trashed as with only one, but I feel the pros out weigh the cons. When you watch them play together, it is more entertaining than ANY TV show. The things they do

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot_1
    I like having two. They don't feel so alone when my wife and I are at work! Yes, your house and yard will get twice as trashed as with only one, but I feel the pros out weigh the cons. When you watch them play together, it is more entertaining than ANY TV show. The things they do
    Same here. It's a lot of work having 2, especially when they're so close in age but to watch them play together and interact with the family, it's so worth it.

We have 3, 2 labs and 1 Yorkie (intersting combo I know)
    I don't really find having 2 that much more work than having one as far as day to day stuff. They play and keep each other occupied more than just one does. It's definatley more money, more food, more POOP, with multiple dogs but it's also more entertaining, and rewarding.

2 Labs, a wolf hybrid, and a Blue Heeler. 4 cats, 3 guinea pigs, 3 turtles, 2 horses, some fish, and a partridge in a pear tree. LOL

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I have three. So looking at the poll so far, that makes me above average, right? :

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I have two
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

We have two, Kelly and Dakota..and when it's Kelly's time to go to the Rainbow bridge..we will probably get another lab, either a puppy or a young rescue.
    Jackie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast