Labrador Research
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Labrador Research

DefaultLabrador Research

Dear Labrador Retriever Owners and Breeders,

My name is Ruth Marcec, and I am an undergraduate Honors student attending Florida State University in the field of Biology (Pre-Veterinary). I am conducting my Honors Thesis research on the temperament and health of various breeds and mixed breeds of dogs. My major professor is Dr. Barbara Licht. This post was approved by a moderator of this forum.

One of the breeds included in my study is Labradors. This post is requesting owners of Labradors to fill out a short questionnaire on your dog. All information provided will be held strictly confidential, to the extent allowed by law. Findings from this study will be posted to this forum after the data are completely analyzed (February, 2008). So that no one spends too much time on the questionnaire, I ask that you complete the questionnaire on ONLY ONE of your Labradors. If you have more than one Labrador, write each dog's name on a piece of paper, fold up the paper, and blindly (randomly) pick one. This way, I can get an unbiased sampling of Labs.

The study consists of two short questionnaires. The first asks you to rate the temperament of your dog on 23 temperament items. It takes between 10 and 20 minutes. The second questionnaire asks about your dog’s health history. It takes between 5 and 15 minutes. This second survey is optional, but your input would be extremely helpful to the study. I strongly encourage you to complete the second survey, but if time is an issue, I understand. If you are interested in participating, please reply to the email address below. You will receive the questionnaire via e-mail within 2-7 days of your request. The questionnaire will come from the e-mail address:

[email protected]

In order to make scientifically accurate conclusions about the temperament and health of various breeds, it is important that owners answer each question as truthfully and accurately as possible. The goal of this study is NOT to show that any one breed or mix of breeds is better or worse than any other. Your honesty and carefulness in answering these questions is, therefore, GREATLY appreciated.

Feel free to email me at the above address, or contact me or Dr. Barbara Licht ([email protected]) at 850-644-6272, or you may contact the Chair of the Florida State Institutional Review Board at 850-644-8633 if you have any questions or comments. I thank you for your consideration and time. It is greatly appreciated.

--Ruth Marcec

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Labrador Research

I did it.

Thanks to you and the others who have responded. I still need many more labs if anyone is interested! Feel free to email me, call Dr. Licht or the IRB if you have any questions at all. I will also be checking the forum periodically for questions.

Ruth

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Caseys Mom Guest

Sounds interesting. ;D Sure, I'll participate.
    Have sent an email to your address above.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I'll participate.

Do we snail mail the ?naire back to you, e-mail?

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

It should be emailed back. Instructions are on the questionnaire.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I'm willing to participate BUT

FOR WHAT POSSIBLE VALID REASON MUST I LIST MY INCOMING AND OUTGOING E-MAIL SERVERS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE?
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    I'm willing to participate BUT

FOR WHAT POSSIBLE VALID REASON MUST I LIST MY INCOMING AND OUTGOING E-MAIL SERVERS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE?
    I agree. I also question this statement since we all know this is an unmoderated forum.

This post was approved by a moderator of this forum.

Does sound a little strange to me.

I sent her an e-mail yesterday saying I would participate and to send me some more info. This morning my e-mail was inundated with spam. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not but I will NOT participate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast