Just Labradors banner

Q for yellow lab owners out there...

5K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  CaliforniaLabLover 
#1 ·
What color is the skin on your yellow lab's stomach? (where there's little to no hair, that is)
And on the bottom of their paws?

Just curious....

#13 ·
this is all good to know. thanks.
I was just wondering because a neighbor's son pointed out to me that because my lab had a pink and dark splotchy stomach and paw pads, he wasn't a "true lab".

I thought it was probably because there is some darker lab in his ancestory somewhere, like a black or a chocolate....??

#14 ·
mich said:
I was just wondering because a neighbor's son pointed out to me that because my lab had a pink and dark splotchy stomach and paw pads, he wasn't a "true lab".

I thought it was probably because there is some darker lab in his ancestory somewhere, like a black or a chocolate....??
Aly has a blotchy pink/dark stomach. It is skin irritation due to her environmental allergies. I don't know if that is relevant in your case, though.

#17 ·
mich said:

Well, if it helps, everyone in Caleb's ancestory back to his 2nd great grandparents are yellow, and the skin on the inside of his thighs is splotchy shades of pink. His paw pads are black. The comment your neighbor's son made reminds me of something my Dad once said- evidently, the black Lab I had as a teen was a purebred because he had a lump on the back of his skull (I later had a Siberian/GSD with the same lump).

#22 ·
AmazonGold said:
rushpuppy said:
Rush has a pink belly and her paw pads when clean are a darker pinkish color. PLUS, her feet always smell like Fritos!!! ;D
People say I'm nuts when I say a dogs' feet smell like Fritos - sure am glad someone else thinks so! ;D
OMG. now I have to go home and smell my dog's feet just to find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.