Spent the evening at the lake yesterday.....

Thread: Spent the evening at the lake yesterday.....

DefaultSpent the evening at the lake yesterday.....

it was the first time I've taken Rocket to the lake since last year. A pond or creek now and then, but this time it was the lake.
    When we got there, he looked at me waiting for permission. When I said "go ahead" he took off full speed into the water.

Here's the funny thing - when I threw the ball close to shore the first time, it was dripping with algae when he picked it up. He did not like that so he started rolling it around in the water with his paw. When that didn't work, he daintily picked it up with the side of his teeth with his lips up to keep from touching it and took it to deeper water where I watched him put the ball and his head into the water and swish it around. It was the funniest thing watching him with his head below the water moving back and forth from side to side.
    Needless to say, when he came back up and brought the ball to me, it was clean (and so was he).

Rocket really enjoys retrieving in water more than on land. He really lives up to his breed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Spent the evening at the lake yesterday.....

I would love to take the boys to the lake or the river, but the mosquitoes are HORRIBLE!!!! I can't even take them outside for long without having them swarming. It does sound fun though.

What? No pics!!!

Glad that Rocket had a great time. It's fun watching them enjoy something so much.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    What? No pics!!!

Glad that Rocket had a great time. It's fun watching them enjoy something so much.
    No pics - this time.

Going to the lake was a spontaneous thing I did on the way to pick up my oldest from Ju-Jitsu. We had a good hour to kill and I opted for the lake.

I'm definitely going back with my camera. It's so great to see him happy like that.