Getting Harley AKC registerd...

Thread: Getting Harley AKC registerd...

DefaultGetting Harley AKC registerd...

We take Harley often to the nursing home where my mother-in-law is, and he is always welcome by both the staff and especially the patients. They will always want to pet him, and he usually seems more than willing to oblige. Today we found out why they had no problem with it. Aside from the fact that allowing pets to visit has proven to be therapeutic to the patient, the director is a Lab owner herself. Today we met her 7 yo yellow Lab, named Dixie.

Most especially, Harley has taken to the m.i.l.'s roommate, a nice lady named Elsie who by happy coincidence has owned Labs all of her life. We go there, and she will sit and hold him on her bed and he will simply lay there the whole time, alternating between letting her pet him and sleeping on the foot of her bed.

Now while talking to Elsie, I mentioned he wasn't AKC registered and she said that it was possible to get him registered. Now I'll love Harley no matter what, but it would be kind of neat to do this if it's possible. Does anyone know if it is and how it might be done?

Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

I've been meaning to do this with Lucky as well. She came from a BYB so her parents weren't registered, you can get this other kind of registration that will allow them to compete in certain events?

I know one of the others can tell you what it is, I can't seem to find the registration form at the moment.
    Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador ... or more in your lap!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Only if both parents ARE registered w/ AKC (or w/ an approved international registry w/ proof of lineage) can you get an actual AKC number.

However, you CAN submit photos, etc, and receive an ILP or PALS (the new name) number so you can do rally, obed, agility, etc as a purebred. All of the info can be found at www.akc.org

Anne

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post

However, you CAN submit photos, etc, and receive an ILP or PALS (the new name) number so you can do rally, obed, agility, etc as a purebred. All of the info can be found at www.akc.org

Anne
    Yeah that's what I was talking about. I was thinking of doing agility with Lucky, of course now that she's had surgery I'm not sure if she'll be able to do that now.
    Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador ... or more in your lap!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I registered Tal, but his parents were AKC registered, and his pedigree back 3 generations (I think, but I'd have to get his papers out). I never had any intention of doing any competition with him, I just thought it was kind of cool. Since Barney is a Lab mix no registration, but that;s ok. They are both daddy's boys and take full advantage of it! lol

KellyJean Guest

Follow the link I've provided. From what I understand, you send in the application, photos and proof from a veterinarian that the dog was spayed/neutered. I think there is also a registration fee of $35.

http://www.akc.org/reg/ilpex.cfm