Our first week

Thread: Our first week

DefaultOur first week

I can't believe we've had Sarah a week already. She's changed quite a bit too. She's filling out, still can see her ribs but not like when we first brought her home and her belly doesn't have that bloated look to it like it did at first. She's such a sweet little girl. In the past couple of days, her personality is sure starting to shine. At first she'd play, but not like most puppies I'd been around.... but she does that now. She pounces and runs and plays with the toys. I'm so happy she's adjusting so well to being with us. Madison is fantasitic with her. The girls sometimes cuddle together and it's just the cutest thing ever. ;D Madison was wanting to show off for Sarah last night when we were outside. Madison has a favorite toy, her teething keys, so I'd toss them and she'd actually bring them back and drop them so I could throw them again. I was so proud of her.

I've been reading the other threads about whether or not to add a 2nd lab and I've honestly been afraid to post. Ya.. call me chicken. I'm probably the craziest person on here for having 2 pups that are only about 3.5 to 4 months apart in age. Yes, it's a lot of work, but even after a week, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. If I were still working, I doubt we would have adopted Sarah. I love spending the day with the girls. Throughout the day, we work on small things... sit, down, leave it.. the things I feel are the basics. I think the house breaking is probably the hardest part, but Sarah's catching on quickly and follows Madison out and they do their business together.

I'll have to post pictures of Sarah and how well she's looking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our first week

Glad to hear it's going well. Yes - pics please

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Good news! And yup pics please!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix Guest

Good to read about the things just works ok for you!

Two Labs ;D Twice as much LOVE!! LOL!! Sounds like you are all having a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Sounds like things are going great! I look forward to seeing more pics of your two together.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

DefaultRe: Our first week (now with picts)

Hopefully the picts show what I was talking about. You get down at her level to take a pict and she comes running and wants to play. I also think that pink spot on her nose looks smaller ???

Here's Sarah today Still see her ribs a bit but she's filling out and has that healthy puppy look to her now.

This was this morning. She looks like she's smiling ;D

Here's one of the picts from last Tuesday after we brought her home

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

She already is a part of your family and is so cute! I probably would be ready to add to our family if we weren't selling our house and looking at a huge transition in the next few months- I think this is saving me from myself! Also we are so busy, do alot of RVing , camping, white water rafting and traveling that one pup just works right now. Especially one that just rolls along with life, like Sammi, She is absolutely the perfect pup for us ;D