Should I be worried?

Thread: Should I be worried?

chocco_23 Guest

DefaultShould I be worried?

Today at the park, I threw a log (half an arms length size) anad Belle went right under it and smack it hit her on the head. She yelped so loud and I felt terrible, but she has no symptoms she is acting just like normal, nothing wrong with her at all. Labs have a hard head anyway don't they, I mean Belle opens the door by headbutting it lol.

She is fine nothing wrong with her, eating, playing, etc.

So, if she is acting normal, I shouldn't be worried should I?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Should I be worried?

oh gosh, I'm not even sure.

big :-* for you and belle
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

That's happened to me, but with snowballs...... I don't know, did she have a bump on her head after ? If not, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It probably just scared her.....

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chocco_23 Guest

No bumps, blood, grazes or anything she is her usual self lol

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Hopefully, there's no permanent damage. But I suggest treating this as a learning experience to NOT use such things to throw anymore because the same thing can easily happen again and cause serious injury, e.g., to an eye or teeth.

Order some vinyl Training Dummies.

I like the "Lucky Dog" brand 2" x 12" TDs from http://www.gundogsupply.com and theirs come complete with a slinging line already attached. I usually order 3-6 at a time of different colors so I'll always have at least one as a spare. When there's snow on the ground, I tie some 1/4" (6 mm) wide bright ribbons to it so it'll lie on the snow's surface if the rest of the TD is buried.

They're available from many sources but I've found gundogsupply is usually cheapest and quickest.

P.S. -- Do not let you dog use these as a chew toy; use them only for retrieving.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I hope she is ok. I have accidentally hit Tal when throwing his chuck-it ball. I try and be more careful now tho even tho I know it is harmless. Tal likes to chew and eat sticks too much so I steer him clear of them.

chocco_23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    Hopefully, there's no permanent damage. But I suggest treating this as a learning experience to NOT use such things to throw anymore because the same thing can easily happen again and cause serious injury, e.g., to an eye or teeth.

Order some vinyl Training Dummies.

I like the "Lucky Dog" brand 2" x 12" TDs from http://www.gundogsupply.com and theirs come complete with a slinging line already attached. I usually order 3-6 at a time of different colors so I'll always have at least one as a spare. When there's snow on the ground, I tie some 1/4" (6 mm) wide bright ribbons to it so it'll lie on the snow's surface if the rest of the TD is buried.

They're available from many sources but I've found gundogsupply is usually cheapest and quickest.

P.S. -- Do not let you dog use these as a chew toy; use them only for retrieving.
    Thanks I will look into them