Bulldogs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultBulldogs

In Tal's obed class there is a 10 months old female Bulldog white with brown and she is a beautiful dog.

I had never thought of Bulldogs as friendly, and actually know very little about the breed, but she loves me for some reason. Her name is Lilly and she always comes up and gives me a hug. She and Tal love to play together too and they are funny to watch. I saw her the other day when I went to pick Tal up from daycare too. She is in with the smaller dogs but she seemed to recognize me so when she came up to the fence I let her lick my hand. I think I may take my camera next week and see if I can get a vid clip or two of them playing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bulldogs

Oh there's nothin like a bulldog pup! They are so funny with all the wiggling they do. They are some of the funniest dogs there are as long as they keep their funny personalities. Ya gotta love em!

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Hmmmm? Never heard my Stella stories, eh?

Brenda from Connecticut

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MyLabsMom
    Hmmmm? Never heard my Stella stories, eh?

I don't think so! Your Stella looks kinda like Lilly...only Lilly's brown is in one area around her left hip. And Lilly has a little brown mark on her face too...

Stella is notorious round these parts
    I love bulldogs...Stella is my all time fave bully :-*

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Doh! Thanks, Susan.

Let me summarize Stella.

She's a wonderful, loving, loyal, mushy, smelly, LOUD (snorts, grunts, etc), Bully. But......

she HATES other dogs (other than her brothers), cats, squirrels, birds, etc. and also hates when people come near/in her yard. She a Bully. Period.

She was bred to bait bulls. She'll try to take down ANY dog she sees...even the 140 lb. Newfie across the street. No fears.

She's going off the boot camp next week to work out some of her "issues". Since getting her, and realizing that all my advise on getting her was a bit biased, I'm learning now that Bully's can be quite aggressive and are known in the show ring for not playing nice with one another.

Brenda from Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by MyLabsMom
    Doh! Thanks, Susan.

Let me summarize Stella.

She's a wonderful, loving, loyal, mushy, smelly, LOUD (snorts, grunts, etc), Bully. But......

she HATES other dogs (other than her brothers), cats, squirrels, birds, etc. and also hates when people come near/in her yard. She a Bully. Period.

She was bred to bait bulls. She'll try to take down ANY dog she sees...even the 140 lb. Newfie across the street. No fears.

She's going off the boot camp next week to work out some of her "issues". Since getting her, and realizing that all my advise on getting her was a bit biased, I'm learning now that Bully's can be quite aggressive and are known in the show ring for not playing nice with one another.

But she'll always be a dainty little princess to us. :-*

I showed a house yesterday and there was an american bulldog crated. I was kinds nervous at first that she was going to make a scene but actually was a huge baby and whined for us to pay attention to her. I had never seen one before and they are definately .......hmmmm. interestingly cute?

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

How could anyone not love this? The #1 college mascot in the country!! GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    How could anyone not love this? The #1 college mascot in the country!! GO DAWGS!

Love the pic! Like I said in my post, I really don't know much about the breed but Lilly has given me a very favorable impression of them. It's interesting how the first encounter you have with a dog can create an opinion that will always be there.

Reminds me of Tal's dog buddy Toto who is a 120 lb Rottie. Talk about a big teddy bear. So another thing Tal is doing is helping me see the good in all breeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast