OMG help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG help!

Kathryn Guest

DefaultOMG help!

Dakotas breath smells so bad she can clear a room if shes in it to long! It smells like something either died in there or she ate a ton of poo. and she couldnt have eatten poo because its all cleaned up..
    Its so bad I took and old tooth brush and got some tooth paste . probably not the right thing to do but it has helped a litlle.. for now.

What can I do to make her not stink?? The only thing thats really changed is I have added a little water to her food since I dont feel shes drinking enough and its much warmer now..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablimo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OMG help!

Is she acting OK otherwise? Eating OK? I think bad breath can be indicative of a tooth or gum problem. I'm not sure. Hopefully others will be along soon to help out. Until then, keep the windows open and the air circulating!!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I would get a vet to check it out. There could be something lodged in the back of her mouth. We had a Dachshund once that got a hold of a chicken bone from Lord only knows where. He got the long shaft of a leg bone wedged between his back molars. That how the vet finally found it. The smell was so rank that we took him to the vet. That smell is not normal.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablimo is offline Senior Member

I agree with Buddy's mom -- a trip to the vet is in order. Doggy breath is one thing -- if it smells that bad, I'd be concerned.

Kathryn Guest

She seems to be acting just fine.. I cant even call the vet till monday :-\ :-X She may be sleeping in a crate in the living room!

obsidian Guest

Definitely have the vet check her out. Otherwise, brushing her teeth is not a bad idea at all. Also, do you give her marrow bones to chew? Chewing on marrow bones has a tooth brushing sort of effect.

patm is offline Senior Member

I'm thinking a tooth problem, or something stuck in her mouth (like a stick maybe?)

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    Also, do you give her marrow bones to chew? Chewing on marrow bones has a tooth brushing sort of effect.
    I cant find them IN the stores. When I asked a friends old boss what he would want he wanted an arm and a leg lol :

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Is this the puppy? If it is, could she be teething? When puppies lose their baby teeth they can get horrible breath.

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    Is this the puppy? If it is, could she be teething? When puppies lose their baby teeth they can get horrible breath.
    no Dakota is just over a year old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast