I had to call Animal Control today..

Thread: I had to call Animal Control today..

Kathryn Guest

DefaultI had to call Animal Control today..

We had 2 dogs running around and I was really afraid they were gonna get hit by a car..
    I had gotten some slip leashes like what you can use at the vets office from Animal Control when they were at safe kids day last weekend.. I thought I would keep on in the truck and then whatever Id have a secone one for something.. Well I hadnt put them in the truck and had them on the table. I saw 2 dogs out running around I was able to get the one but not the other. I called him over and was petting him and in the process put the leash on him ;D . The phone number was on the leash so I had Kaden go get me the phone (I didnt want to take the dog/s in the house). I was shocked they came right over and the dude put the one dog in the truck (he seemed very scared like he had been in a truck before and had been in trouble??). Im not sure if he got the other one or not. He kept driving a little at a time and pushing it to far away for me to help If he would have gone from one side and me the other we could have gotten the dog.. Whatever..
    I feel really bad for calling AC. but I didnt want any kids to get hurt or the dogs to get hurt.. Poor guys..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I had to call Animal Control today..

Don't feel bad, because you probably saved their lives....... no dog is safe just running around like that. Can you check up on them ? Do they go to a public shelter ??

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Kathryn Guest

They wont tell me anything for 7-10 days (the time it takes for an owner to clame the dogs) after that they are posted on the internet with in 24 hours with ALL the info they have gotten about the dogs..
    If the owner clames the dogs they have to pay a $50 fine per dogs..
    I hope that if I ever see them again they arnt out running around It just breaks my heart to see dogs running free like that in the city where they can get hit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We had a similar situation last night. Two of our neighbors dogs got out and my daughter saw them running down the street. She and our 11 yr old son went to tell the owners the dogs were out. Well, while Kate was telling the neighbors, Nick was just standing on the corner and just about got bit by one of them. > No broken skin, just a little welt from where the teeth hit. Our animal control I believe is only 1 person to cover a town with a pop. of 10,000. They may have gotten her another person by now, but I don't know. I just know it takes FOREVER for them to respond around here.

Last year we were out at the lake and there were two big dogs walking ahead of two older women. One of the dogs, a white GSD had a really bad bite on his ear. I said something to the ladies and they replied, "They aren't our dogs." My friend and I got the one that had a chain around his neck, (no collar) and we took both of them up to the park police. I felt bad because I knew we were taking them to their death, the GSD didn't have a collar either. But it was obvious that both dogs were suffering and I didn't want them to get hit by a car, shot, or become rabid.
    Olie