I MADE IT!!!!!!! UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I MADE IT!!!!!!! UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultI MADE IT!!!!!!! UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!

Two days later and we are FINALLY here in St. Louis, MO! The ferrets are settling in at Sam's aunt and uncle's house and the cats are at sam's father's house. Instead of staying at Sam's brother's house with their choc. lab, Sherman, Apollo is going to be staying with Sam at Sam's aunt and uncle's house. I have pics and video of the drive, but right now I need to download it. I just wanted to say that we got here safe and that all is well. The animals are a little stressed, but they will calm down soon. I'll tell you all about my trip once I get a chance to settle in tonight. Yay!!! We are home!
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I MADE IT!!!!!!!

Glad all are safe and sound.

Glad you and all your little furry family made it safe

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Glad everyone survived the trip. Now relax and get some rest.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Who are you? What do you want?

;D I'm glad all made it in one piece.

ETA: sentence fixed b/c I apparently can't carry on a conversation and type at the same time. :
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear that you, Sam, and the gang made it. Time to take a deep breath and relax.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Whew! Glad the trip's over and you guys are in St Louis!

pics and video of the rolling 'ark' coming up! hang tight!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad all of you made it. Now you need to relax.

We packed the truck and u-haul trailer up on May 8th, 2007 and hit to road at 4pm pacific time. Here is what the back of the Bronco looked like. We took the bench seat out of the back. Put the ferret cages into the back. We put two cats into a puppy crate and the other cat into a cat carrier, then we laid a futon mat on the ground for apollo.

That is samson and delilah (ferrets) in the cage with the green base, Roxie May and Genghiss Khatt (kitties) are in the puppy crate below them. The cage to the left holds Lugnut, Hendrix, Willow, and Weezie).

Samson and Delilah wonder "what the hell is going on?" as the car rolls out of our condo parking lot for the last time

Roxie May (left) is curious, while Genghis Khatt (right) is furious...haha...i made a ryhme. Geng is pissed so he turned his butt to me.

It was a loonnnnggg ride. We stopped in a McDonald's parking lot on May 9th, 2007 at 5:30am. I had to walk apollo, feed apollo, feed the cats, give all the animals melatonin, clean the ferret cages out, and let the ferret's exercise. Here are the pics from the McDonald's parking lot.

After one hour at McDonalds, we were back on the road at 6:45am. The melatonin was kickin in and Hendrix (ferret) was feelin sleepy. Here he is chilling out in his hanging cube

Once we got into Texas, Sam needed a nap. We pulled over into an abandoned parkinglot by a field. While Sam slept, I walked apollo. We were in a field by a fence when all of a sudden Apollo perked up. I looked over and this pretty horse was walking up to us. He was SO cute and SO friendly. He seemed to really like people. Sadly, he had no shelter, and his fur was falling out because he stood in the rain and fungus was growing on his fur. Poor baby.

After Sam's nap and our visit with the horse, we were back on the road. Apollo was doing great during the ride. Here he is as we drove through Oklahoma. Look at his cute smile:

Willow was getting tired and she curled up in her hammy.

After one hour at McDonalds, we were back on the road at 6:45am. The melatonin was kickin in and Hendrix (ferret) was feelin sleepy. Here he is chilling out in his hanging cube

Hendrix (top) and weezie (bottom) are tired

Apollo is finally taking a nap in the back of the truck

Gotta love the sparseness of east texas:

For all those who EVER have to travel with their pet, I reccomend melatonin. Its a natural hormone produced by the body. You know how when you are tired and you are just about to fall asleep? When your body dumps melatonin into your system you finally fall asleep. Melatonin is not a sleeping pill. It just helps you get to sleep. It helped to keep the cats and dog and ferrets calm during the trip, because in addition to helping usher in sleep, melatonin inhibits the production of adrenline by the adrenaline glands. This stuff is THE BEST. When Sam moved out to Flagstaff Genghis (his cat) was on kitty narcotics, and even those wouldn't help to keep him calm and stop his me-owing. But when he was on melatonin this trip, Genghis was totally calm. When we got to the motel last night Sam took some melatonin to help him wind down and get to sleep. A dog the size of a lab can have one 3 mg tablet every 8-10 hours. Cats can also take 2-3mg and ferrets can have 1-1.5mg.

Can you tell that Apollo is FED UP with this damn road trip lol? Look at the pics of him smiling, then look at this pic. You can tell when he was fed up with the ride lol

Chubby nubbins (Musashi) is past out in his carrier

Weezie in the comf-E-cube

Willow in the comf-E-cube

Apollo fell asleep in the back of the truck and he put his head into Sam's hat. I swear I didn't put this hat on his head...he did it..seriously

Mom...are we there yet?

Look at apollo. He's like "please god, get me out of here!"

What do YOU want, mom?

We are NEVER gunna stop this car ride, are we?

The first St. Louis sign we saw.

Only 100 miles to go!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast