Was I wrong to be annoyed? added a pic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was I wrong to be annoyed? added a pic

DefaultWas I wrong to be annoyed? added a pic

OK, tonight we headed to the local Provincial Park that we walk often. It was hot here today so took her for a walk and a swim. While we are at the beach, another couple arrives with there 3 dogs. Two females and an intact male. One of the females was young, around 9 months I am guessing.
    Any way, Oakley and one of the females are getting along great. The other two are constantly at Oakley. The young one was in her face a lot and the male was following her trying to mount her.

Finally Oakley had enough and growled and put the young one down on her back. So I am yelling at Oakley to stop and on my way over there to get Oakley out of there but the man is closer and He KICKED Oakley! He said "get off my dog" and kicked her. It didn't hurt her as he was too far away to get a good kick at her but he did make contact with his foot.
    I said "I don't appreciate you kicking my dog"
    They moved to one end of the beach and we moved to the other. No more words exchanged.
    I know that Oakley shouldn't do that and I have worked socializing her. She has played with a lot of other dogs and has never had this problem.
    But I could not believe that man had the gall to kick my dog!!!!
    Was I wrong to say what I said?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Was I wrong to be annoyed?

...Was I wrong to say what I said?
    Absolutely not. I also don't think Oakley was wrong, either. Sounds like she put up with a lot from those dogs, and was just standing up for herself. Personally, I wish someone would do that to Caleb- he needs to learn some "doggie manners".

Paula is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Was I wrong to be annoyed? added a pic

He was very wrong to kick her. I would have been livid and I would not have been so polite.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I know that Oakley shouldn't do that and I have worked socializing her. She has played with a lot of other dogs and has never had this problem.
    Oakley did nothing wrong....

http://www.flyingdogpress.com/sayhi.html

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    He was very wrong to kick her. I would have been livid and I would not have been so polite.
    I agree. I would have let him know that the next time he would be on his ass looking up at me. Oakley was only doing what dogs do. People like that guy just don't understand dog behavior, they are ignorant.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I would be very upset. Oakley was just telling the dog to knock it off..people are so stupid.

I'm sorry your outing and Oakley's was ruined by this idjit!! I agree with everyone else, poor Oakley was just trying to tell that dog ENOUGH!!

Pups need to learn manners and there's no excuse to allow your dog to continually hump another. Some people are so stooopid!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

IMHO, Oakley had put up with enough from the others and she was just doing what dogs do...like others have said. I would have been livid...

This pretty much hits the nail on the head...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep274
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    I agree. I would have let him know that the next time he would be on his ass looking up at me. Oakley was only doing what dogs do. People like that guy just don't understand dog behavior, they are ignorant.

georgie is offline Senior Member

He NEVER should have kicked Oakley. I would have been livid too. Abby is a pain & is always bugging Molly because Molly lets her. Our breeder's one female put her in her place when we were training & I was glad. Abby needed that. She was getting too bossy. That is how they learn. I only wish Molly would put Abby in her place once in awhile.

You had every right to be mad.

Kathryn Guest

I would have kicked the guy right back.. Oh wait that would be bad.. No I dont think it is wrong and anyone who knows me know I wont take other people being mean to my dogs..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast