PEANUT BUTTER!!!! I gave him just a little bit on a bone and later that night he got a little sick.
So no more PEANUT BUTTER for Tater.
Never heard of that one Sam. Was it old or something?
"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"
Hmmm. Were you using a different brand? Tater has had peanut butter before all this, right?
Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence
No when I threw it away last night it was like half full. But when I gave him some the other night he had diarrhea and that sunday that he started being sick the night before I gave him some in his kong. O'Well the poor boy can not stomach it anymore I guess.
it wasn't peter pan was it? that was recalled a while ago, i think
well, I supposed giving him a gallon of it would give him the shits...it's very fattening and maybe he has a peanut allergy.
Dani, Rider & Rookie
SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC
Member Since 6/2003
He doesnt get a GALLON of it. He gets a teaspoon once a week if that. I dont give it to him all of the time. Its more of a special treat. I am thinking peanut allergy. But either way he wont get anymore. I think he knew it made him sick because when I gave him some he didnt go right to it like he always does. Funny how they know and remember these things.Originally Posted by Dani
gabbys mom - no its wasnt peter pan and I just got this maybe a month ago. THe recall was back in late Feb. Early march right? I know I got this jar after the recall and after they cleared the shelves.
Classy. :well, I supposed giving him a gallon of it would give him the shits...it's very fattening and maybe he has a peanut allergy.
But a good point about the peanut allergy. I don't know if dogs have those, but food allergies often surface in an upset stomach/diarrhea.
You're lucky he didn't end up with pancreatitis. I guess I don't understand all the stuffed kongs, etc. I gave them to Darby when she had to be quiet in her crate after surgery, but on a regular basis? Nope.
♣ Laura ♣
Not to be overly picky, but I think food intolerances result in stomach upset, etc. and food allergies result in an actual allergic reaction that can lead to anaphylaxis. For example, some people have a lactose intolerance, not a lactose "allergy." The only reason I know about this is that I am allergic to shellfish and have been doing some research on it.Originally Posted by LarrytheLabs Mom