PITA Yellow Lab free to a good home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PITA Yellow Lab free to a good home

DefaultPITA Yellow Lab free to a good home

Murray is in the dog house...literally.

This has been my life for the past 24 hrs:

1) Tues, 3pm - The dogs are on a lot of supplements and take different meds etc so in an effort to save time, I put their meals in small zip lock bags so I just grab a bag and feed them am/pm. I basically only have to mix stuff twice/week. I’ve been doing this since we got Essy a year ago. My daughter called to tell me that Murray decided to trash the kitchen. He got up on the counter and ate ALL of the meals I had put together. He was bloated and uncomfortable. I told her to tell Murray "too bad. He did it to himself." >

2) Wed, 1:30 am - I finally got to bed around 11 last night after helping my daughter finish her school project. Around 1:30 am I was awaken to the sounds of rustling in the kitchen. I went quietly down the stairs, flipped on the light and proceeded to impart my foot on Murray’s unsuspecting @$$ as he was strewing trash all over the kitchen. I was so furious that I threw him outside, cleaned up the mess, turned off the lights, and left him out. I then listened to him whine and howl for another hour before bringing him in so the neighbors wouldn’t call the cops. I put him in Essy’s crate…downstairs…alone. He continued to whine all night but I was so POd that I wasn’t about to let him snuggle in his nice soft bed in MY room after what he had done...twice in 1 day. I know he’s mad because of the time I’ve been spending with Essy and my daughter these past few days but he better get over it or he will soon be spending a lot of nights alone.

3) Wed, 2:30 pm - My daughter just called to inform me that Murray got into the kitchen again today. I had the baby gate, a ladder, AND a chair blocking the entry so this dog is freakin’ Houdini. I was smart (so I thought) and made sure everything was put up and away…except for the brand new box of zip lock bags I accidentally left out on the counter because my daughter needed one at the last minute for her school project this morning. My daughter said there are pieces of plastic and cardboard box all over the house and Murray is just sitting there smiling at her. He's very proud of his latest escapade.

Let's see how proud he is when he spends his days outside. Yep that's right, you only get 3 chances in my house and Murray has used all of his in 24 hrs. > Murray has officially lost his house privileges…permanently. He will be staying outside whenever we leave now (can’t crate him because of the Prednisone). It’s too bad for him that he decided to pull this crap during the hottest part of the year (temps in the 100's now). It’s really kind of weird to think of Essy as being the “good” dog now instead of the problem child.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: PITA Yellow Lab free to a good home

Could something else be going on? Murray's not usually like this, is he? Maybe its the prednisone. It makes them very hungry.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    Could something else be going on? Murray's not usually like this, is he? Maybe its the prednisone. It makes them very hungry.
    Pred can really make a dog act out. Poor Murray!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Murray is on the same dose of pred that he's been on for almost a yr now (lower than he was on for the year prior to that). Essy's breeder thought maybe a thyroid issue but he just had bloodwork a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine. I really think he is just POd about me spending so much time with Essy so he's seeking attention of any kind.

Since Sat, I took Essy to handling class in the am, agility seminar in the pm, all day dog show on Sun, Essy had agility again on Mon and Tues. Murray hasn't gotten to go anywhere in the past 5 days because I've been busy with Essy, my daughter's school project, and running her around to her activities plus trying to get the house ready for a remodel next week and my dad coming to visit. Murray gets to go to agility tonight and he'll have me all to himself so I'm sure he would be fine tomorrow but I'm not taking any chances. I just needed to vent to people who can understand.

bibber is offline Senior Member

Oh, Murray. He was very naughty, wasn't he? I can understand your frustration. Hope he can win his way back in to your good graces soon.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh Murray!

I totally understand. I know they say dogs don't feel jealousy, but that's a load of crap IMO. Simon is the little green-eyed monster over here. Whenever Angus gets to go somewhere, oh, the pouting. Then the counter-surfing. Really, your story sounds so hauntingly familiar!

Maybe it could be something with his meds too, though. I'm sure he back to his angelic self after a little good one-on-one time with mom

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

Zoey was house proof until Dakota started school. Yes your story sounds to familar here too.

liveelayne is offline Senior Member

Ruh roh, Murray!

My daughter said there are pieces of plastic and cardboard box all over the house and Murray is just sitting there smiling at her. He's very proud of his latest escapade.
    This cracked me up!!! ;D ;D

I hope he's back to being good after some one on one time with you tonight. Did he get extra meds when he ate the food off the counter?

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Oh boy, Murray...doesn't sound like fun times are ahead for you....

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast