I Found A Lab Mix Puppy In My Garbage
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Found A Lab Mix Puppy In My Garbage

SawyerAndMe990 is offline Senior Member

DefaultI Found A Lab Mix Puppy In My Garbage

Every morning I walk down to my sisters place and sit there and wait for her boys to wake up, since they are on summer vacation and im babysitting.

Anyways about 10am I started hearing a puppy barking and crying. At first I thought it was a beagle puppy on the news. But then I muted the tv.

Still un sure the kids and I went outside. And sure enough stuffed behind the trash can was a little yellow puppy just 5-6 weeks old.

Of course being me, I scooped her up and took her down to my house. Even though im 20 I still live at home. And so first thing I did was call my mom and tell her what happened. Of course she was fully against a fourth dog in the house. And honestly I don't have the time or money for four dogs and four cats lol.

Oh yeah I havent been on here so long I havent mentioned. But I took in a 6 month old female Boxer/Pointer/Border Collie mix. Thats an even longer story but she is in her forever home here with me.

So I agreed and started going door to door asking if anyone lost their puppy.

No one claimed her. And since she is so tiny I really doubt she ran away. So then I called and called and called lol friends, family, and no kill shelters to see if I could find a place for her.

I finally thought I was going to have to take her to the rescue that I adopted Maggie May from, thats owned by a family friend.

But thats when my brother came over with his GF to see the puppy. I knew he had been wanting one and I knew that couldn't leave without her. Lol 15 minutes later it was decided that she would be his new dog.

I bathed her with Dawn dish soap, combed her hair, cleaned her ears and eyes, and clipped her nails. While my brother and his gf went to get lunch.

I then gave him Maggies old crate, a leash, a tiny collar, wormer, and some chew toys. He was then going to take her to Petsmart (carrying her not putting her in the cart or on the floor). To get her more things.

Im pretty thrilled with the outcome because my brother lives just around the block. And she is going to get dropped off here a couple days a week for puppy sitting.

So all in all a very happy ending for little Gracie.
    Sawyer And Morrison

Lab
    Lab/Basset Hound (maybe some Beagle)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Glad Gracie is being taken care of.

And here she is when I first brought her in this morning.

She was absolutely filthy. When I bathed her the water turned dark DARK brown.
    Sawyer And Morrison

Lab

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

OMG she is precious!!!!!!

Isn't she adorable?! If I had the room I would have kept her in a heartbeat. Still has puppy breath and everything!

I know my brother will give her a great home though. And im happy that I will get to see her grow up.
    Sawyer And Morrison

Lab

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

What a sweetie, so glad she found her way to you and ultimately to your brother. Have a great life little Gracie!! Oh and I love the name- it fits her perfectly

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Who could abandon such a little doll? Thank god you came to her rescue.

Sounds like Gracie will have a nice life. It's very cool that you'll get to watch her grow up.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

She's so adorable! Can't believe someone would just leave her! Glad she found a good home. Make sure you keep posting picks of her.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh she is precious! And you took such good care of her, too. I hope your brother does the same. You make sure he does, okay?

Seamus and Flynn

joflake is offline Senior Member

Oh my! How adorable! Why can't I find one of those in my garbage? Good for you guys for caring for her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast